You never gave those poor Sonus Faber Venere 1.5's a chance to shine. You had them mounted on basic speaker stands that not only placed them too low, but also sat them level. Those speakers need to sit higher and be tilted back for proper driver/acoustic alignment to get the best out of them. You never got to hear them at their best.

Thanks for input and I agree, Venere 1.5s are good speakers but KEF LS50s are in different league, especially in midrange and imaging. My 24'' stands are perfect for my listening couch, I'm pretty sure I will get them again in future for my 3rd system, thanks

I know it's a bit of a delayed response, but...

You mention the LS50's and their midrange and imaging. I can tell you, in the same room and system with the proper stands with the correct height and angle for the Venere 1.5's, they produced just as good imaging as the LS50's and even better midrange with extended, refined top end. The LS50's on the other hand were just a bit too forward, leaner in the mids, and a little too sparkly on the top end, possibly even a bit sterile or analytical.

And that's all with the same Parasound Halo P5 preamp as you.

Again, you didn't give those Venere 1.5's a chance to show you what they are capable of. Giving them that proper angled tilt back is what gets the drivers and the rest of the crossover design aligned. Without that, they fall short quite easily. That angle is very important with these speakers and is absolutely necessary.

I know it's a bit of a delayed response, but...

You mention the LS50's and their midrange and imaging. I can tell you, in the same room and system with the proper stands with the correct height and angle for the Venere 1.5's, they produced just as good imaging as the LS50's and even better midrange with extended, refined top end. The LS50's on the other hand were just a bit too forward, leaner in the mids, and a little too sparkly on the top end, possibly even a bit sterile or analytical.

And that's all with the same Parasound Halo P5 preamp as you.

Again, you didn't give those Venere 1.5's a chance to show you what they are capable of. Giving them that proper angled tilt back is what gets the drivers and the rest of the crossover design aligned. Without that, they fall short quite easily. That angle is very important with these speakers and is absolutely necessary.

OK, I don't know how long have you own LS50 in your system. As you know everyone have different taste, if a speaker is sounds great to your ears may not be good for mine, so I'm not sure what are you trying to tell me here, I'm very sure I know what kind of sound I like to enjoy and 1.5 is not one of them in long run.
It's long gone I don't even miss them a bit, thanks

Sound is very well rounded for my taste, musical highs, really good midrange and Bass performance is probably the best I've ever heard in my system.
I've been using them for 3-4 years now.

Back
Top Bottom