Katy Perry, 1st, 100 million, twitter

The redoubtable Ms Perry reminds me somewhat of the 1973 model cars-You remember, the 1st ones to have the "5-MPHcrashable front bumpers"{.?!?"...There was a movie, "The Seven-Ups
, & a car that featured prominently in the flick, a '73 Pontiac Gran Ville. It was the "Get-Away" car, they drove it all over Gotham City.. & basically tore it to pieces. But the mighty. mighty 5-MPH bumpers saved the poor Grand Am's Front End... "That movie's chase scene, IMHO ranked right up there w/"Bullitt",,& "Gone in 60 Seconds"....

I, for one, prefer that respected researchers and academic colleagues eschew such crass popularity-cum-braggadocio media forms as twit(ter), facefright, etc.

This made me wonder, are people I respect in science and physiological using twitter to communicate? i am sure they are and I am remiss in not previously seeking them out. I will now. Thanks for the idea.

I work in research, in the Neuroscience field. Twitter, unfortunately, is quite pervasive there. The big "names," whether what they have to tweet is really all that important, is rabidly followed and recycled by the masses. IMHO, twitter is not much better in academia. It is, like eljr said, just a tool for communication, albeit a stunted one.

I work in research, in the Neuroscience field. Twitter, unfortunately, is quite pervasive there. The big "names," whether what they have to tweet is really all that important, is rabidly followed and recycled by the masses. IMHO, twitter is not much better in academia. It is, like eljr said, just a tool for communication, albeit a stunted one.

Too bad. I guess I am fortunate to be affiliated w/ an extremeley conservative institution where this nonsense in simply not tolerated.

The redoubtable Ms Perry reminds me somewhat of the 1973 model cars-You remember, the 1st ones to have the "5-MPHcrashable front bumpers"{.?!?"...There was a movie, "The Seven-Ups
, & a car that featured prominently in the flick, a '73 Pontiac Gran Ville. It was the "Get-Away" car, they drove it all over Gotham City.. & basically tore it to pieces. But the mighty. mighty 5-MPH bumpers saved the poor Grand Am's Front End... "That movie's chase scene, IMHO ranked right up there w/"Bullitt",,& "Gone in 60 Seconds"....
Heck Yeah.

We have a thread titled "Favorite Movie Scenes" in the general off-topic forum. We covered most of the great chase scenes.

If The Seven-Ups ain't in there, I'll add it.

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/favorite-movie-scenes.766434/

That's a lot of twits .
funny%2Bpictures%2Bof%2Bpeople%2Bsleeping%2B(5).jpg

In her latest video, Katy -Who must REALLY, REALLY trust her makeup artistes, has her fun pillows rigged to simulate a fireworks display. Yeah. Shit that makes Me hurt. don't care HOW much you paid me, NO set of fireworks is gettin' anywhere NEAR that kind of nonsense.. I kinda feel if you are STUPID enuf to try such a trick, you pretty much are kinda ASKIN' for it.. I also wonder how hard you'd need to be able to bang 'em together, & watch the Fire fly outta 'em...... Yes, I'm SICK-, but admit it-YOU g thought that was pretty AWESOME...

Too bad. I guess I am fortunate to be affiliated w/ an extremeley conservative institution where this nonsense in simply not tolerated.

what nonsense?

communicating through non traditional avenues?

I am sure there is more to it, please explain.

thanks

I work in research, in the Neuroscience field. .

way cool! What i leaned a hand full of years ago about myself, is that I would have loved to have done that work professionally.

Last edited:
Don't forget Neil DeGrasse Tyson.

hx5DDQAAQBAJ

Being a celebrity is a double edged sword. He was the scientist that got Pluto declassified as planet. I saw him talking about this om TV. He got death threats over this. Who knew that mainstream society was so passionate about the planets?

-Dave

Back
Top Bottom