New York City metro area gathering.

So what's that now? 20? Can we start discussing who is bringing what? I may be bringing the JBLs if I keep the cabs rough. Perhaps a Yamaha PC2002m. Any volunteers for a decent Pre Amp?
So far, 17!
By all means, let's hear what everyone plans to demo!
I'm planning to bring:
• JVC M-7050 Power amplifier.
• JVC PL-10 pre amp (if my tech finishes the phono section repair in time) otherwise, Carver 4000t pre amp.
• Marantz 72U CD player.
• Technics SL-1900 TT with Denon 103-ZU modded cart. (Could also be a different table, we'll see.)
• ADS L980 speakers, or possibly the restored AR3's.

I'm posting this here because I know some of you know Tubeampking.
He has been MIA for some months now, there is a thread going on in the feedback forum where he was paid for gear and never delivered. This seems very unlike him, out of character.
Do any of you folks know him or where he lives? Possibly could check on him. He used to post daily yet his last post was on March 30th. He seems to have simply vanished.

BillWojo

Wow, just found this; VERY coolio!!! Sad part is that 9/16 is da wife's b-day. Nuff said???

But 20 bucks your way for a round of beers! Have fun!!!!

Wow, just found this; VERY coolio!!! Sad part is that 9/16 is da wife's b-day. Nuff said???

Thank you! That's very generous of you. How have you been?

Glenn

So I would like to attend if there is still room for one more. Can PP payment as soon as I hear back. Can also bring a bunch of stuff to sell/swap/trade.

Can Demo: 1957 Telefunkin Opus 6 table top tube radio.
1960s AR-4 Speakers
SAE 501 Power Amp (I would need someone to provide a pre-amp)
Much more depending on transportation and weather.

Thanks,
Mark

Last edited:
So I would like to attend if there is still room for one more. Can PP payment as soon as I hear back. Can also bring a bunch of stuff to sell/swap/trade.

1960s AR-4 Speakers
SAE 400 Power Amp (I would need someone to provide a pre-amp)

Thanks,
Mark
Hi Mark!

You're certainly welcome to attend. Bring your gear to demo, sell, trade. Bring an extension cord & power strip as well. I don't know how many outlets there are.
I plan to start an "Official Buy, Sell, Trade NY Metro Gathering @ Blue Mountain Lodge Fest" in Barter Town. List what you plan to sell.

Cheers!
Glenn

I am not planning to sell anything unless there are any Stax users that need a SRD-4 or anyone needs a Jelco collar upgrade. Let me know.
I'll bring some cool stuff to share and a nice little pair of Genesis Physics speakers that anyone can use to demo amps, etc.

1960s AR-4 Speakers
SAE 501 Power Amp (I would need someone to provide a pre-amp)

Thanks,
Mark
Hey Mark!
Received your PP payment! Thanks!
Cheers, Glenn

Are we demo-ing gear for sale and/or demo gear we want to hook up for presentation?
Both I would assume. There's two good size rooms. I propose one be used for the gear for sale/demo area, the other room for presentation gear only. Our first gathering in NJ worked out well, demoing each system for 15-20 minutes, then shift to the next set up and so on.

C'mon George ,
Take her to a nice dinner and buy her something nice and come out and play. Oh, BTW i thought you were in the loop otherwise i would have invited you.
If you bail, i understand, we'll have a toast to you!

Andy: If it were only that easy :rolleyes:

Since I don't visit too many other forums I caught this thread quite by accident. If I had found out sooner I would have asked the wife to change her birthday!!!

Anyway, next time. Enjoy!!

Andy: If it were only that easy :rolleyes:

Since I don't visit too many other forums I caught this thread quite by accident. If I had found out sooner I would have asked the wife to change her birthday!!!

Anyway, next time. Enjoy!!
I'm sure she'd enjoy a nice trip to an exclusive mountain resort as part of a birthday celebration.

Back
Top Bottom