What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Clarence Clemons ~ Hero

Clemons.jpeg

I'm just trying to be aware of what I may or may not be doing to the rest of my hearing. Wish I had done so all along. So I really am *listening* to my tinnitus and trying to understand what it's telling me (if anything).
If you haven't talked to a real audiologist about it, here's what mine told me. It is caused by the loss of certain frequencies. You brain still wants to hear the missing freqs and 'creates' them in your brain. You aren't really 'hearing' it. Since sound is perceived through the ears, you sense it there.

If you haven't talked to a real audiologist about it, here's what mine told me. It is caused by the loss of certain frequencies. You brain still wants to hear the missing freqs and 'creates' them in your brain. You aren't really 'hearing' it. Since sound is perceived through the ears, you sense it there.

Told basically the same. Funny, I pass all my hearing tests with flying colors

Yes, that's my understanding too (for some kinds, anyway). And I can live with it (we all do, right?). I just want to be sure I'm not doing anything to make matters worse.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom