Today's JAZZ playlist

Duke Ellington – Time Life Record: Giants of Jazz. 3x LP Box Set. Comp.,1980
I mentioned this yesterday. I believe there are a total of 28 musicians that are covered. 25 more to go. All these songs are from the 78rpm era. It has a very nice nostalgic feel to them.

View attachment 952412
This is a great set. I own it as well. Any time I see a Time Life music set I pick it up. They have all been good.

t11svBm.jpg

Duke Ellington – Time Life Record: Giants of Jazz. 3x LP Box Set. Comp.,1980
I mentioned this yesterday. I believe there are a total of 28 musicians that are covered. 25 more to go. All these songs are from the 78rpm era. It has a very nice nostalgic feel to them.

View attachment 952412

These are good value for money. Everyone that I've found and bought, the vinyl has been in very good condition. If you don't mind buying a "Time-Life", compilation, these are excellent additions.

These are good value for money. Everyone that I've found and bought, the vinyl has been in very good condition. If you don't mind buying a "Time-Life", compilation, these are excellent additions.
I don't have any of the jazz ones, but I stumbled on a pile of the Mozart ones years ago. Great pickup, I'd love to complete the set someday.
I wouldn't hesitate if I came across any of TL jazz sets.

I don't have any of the jazz ones, but I stumbled on a pile of the Mozart ones years ago. Great pickup, I'd love to complete the set someday.
I wouldn't hesitate if I came across any of TL jazz sets.

They are everywhere. The have a distinctive hard silver exterior that is easy to spot. I've three, (Armstrong, Ellington, and Hodges) that I've picked up over the years. If you're purchasing more than a few items and the store has an excess and depending on the store they might come down in price. One guy tried to tag me $15 for one when there was no price tag on it, till I pointed to the shelf with ~30 or 40 sets. I wouldn't expect to pay much more than a five spot.

They are everywhere. The have a distinctive hard silver exterior that is easy to spot. I've three, (Armstrong, Ellington, and Hodges) that I've picked up over the years. If you're purchasing more than a few items and the store has an excess and depending on the store they might come down in price. One guy tried to tag me $15 for one when there was no price tag on it, till I pointed to the shelf with ~30 or 40 sets. I wouldn't expect to pay much more than a five spot.
They're not everywhere around here, sadly. Finding jazz and blues at prices like that doesn't happen too often.

On the brighter side of things(!) I spun Count Basie - Basie Plays Hefti this afternoon. Not vinyl, just a digital copy. Sounded great.

Back
Top Bottom