01:17:23
Genre
Classical
Styles
Choral
Recording Location
  • Usher Hall, Edinburgh; Royal Festival Hall, London; Salle Pleyel, Paris

R-1632016-1392825810-3016.jpeg.jpg

Stuff like this drives me nuts...So I recorded this Triumvirat - Old Loves Die Hard 15 years ago. I didn't even have a pc at that point, so I know that wasn't the source, but I did have my Sony RCD-W1 CD Burner, and I ripped a lot of vinyl with that rig.
She sits dormant now. I'll have to plug it in and run it though it's paces one of these days.
002.jpg

I've heard some pops and clicks at one of the silent points of the recording, so I know it's sourced from vinyl. I had to have borrowed the vinyl from somebody.
EDIT: All I know for sure is that the recording is really sweet. That Sony did some serious ripping. I need to call my brother down in Texas and see if he remembers having the album. I'm sure doesn't have any of his vinyl anymore, but he'd likely remember.

For computer sources, I use a Lexicon Alpha (or sometimes the Omega). I also have an M-Audio Delta 1010LT in a rack out where I listen. These are prosumer interfaces for audio production. They have very decent DACs and ADCs; certainly better than a typical sound card. If I ever rip any vinyl, I'll be using something like that.

No im not what is it?
Before Clapton bought the house at 461 Ocean Blvd, David Crosby lived there. CSN&Y would gather there to work out ideas and jam with friends. One of those friends was Joni Mitchell. It seems Joni was a bit of a free spirit and shared time with more than one member of the band. Jealousies were bound to arise and we're the cause of the band's initial split. David and Stephen both appear on Joni's works front that time.

For computer sources, I use a Lexicon Alpha (or sometimes the Omega). I also have an M-Audio Delta 1010LT in a rack out where I listen. These are prosumer interfaces for audio production. They have very decent DACs and ADCs; certainly better than a typical sound card. If I ever rip any vinyl, I'll be using something like that.
The whooshing sound y'all just heard was not your tenittus. It was the sound of this post going right over my head. Understood about ten percent.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom