Tonearm rest wont go down without powering on first. Normal???

Baron1

I have a Sansui FR-3060 and I wanted to check tracking force with electronic one and when I put the cue lever to lower, it wont go down unless I turn the table on. How can I check tracking force if the arm wont go down unless on?
Obviously I can turn it out or it will start spinning. I;m sure I;m doing something wrong but I cant think of anything. The height of the arm is perfect when lifted.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan: Did you already try, whether it works, if the drive belt is removed?

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

I have a Sony PS-X7 that parks its arm in the air when shut off. It's a DD table. The easy way is to get it going (like playing a record), lift the cue, shut the power off and stop the platter from rotating (all real quick like). Then the table will think its playing, but has no power.

Then you can do cartridge alignment, VTF or what ever.

'ner

Thanks for the replies. All I did was temporarily manually undid the locking screw and lowered the arm lift. Then I was able to take a tracking reading and then reset the arm lift to normal. A little unconventional, but it worked and didn;t have to do anything inside the table. I could have unplugged it during mid play, but the cord is not easily accessible.
I did the tracking test, measured 1.8 grams on a new Nagaoka MP110, and everything sounds great, so I;m satisfied.

Thanks for the replies. All I did was temporarily manually undid the locking screw and lowered the arm lift. Then I was able to take a tracking reading and then reset the arm lift to normal. A little unconventional, but it worked and didn;t have to do anything inside the table. I could have unplugged it during mid play, but the cord is not easily accessible.
I did the tracking test, measured 1.8 grams on a new Nagaoka MP110, and everything sounds great, so I;m satisfied.
Just hit the off button.......:)

Back
Top Bottom