New York City metro area gathering.

Just saw this and hope to be able to attend... I'll have an interesting special processor to demo and can also provide a multi amp/multi speaker box also...probably more..Let me spend some time with the thread and I''ll double check dates with the wife and make payment as well... Last one was really nice!

Last edited:
OMG, I really dropped the ball on this one... i have payment due I believe...long overdue...could someone please send me the amount and pp address. I'll be following from now on...my sincere apologies to everyone here!

I highly recommend that you guys adopt a format where the original poster edits his post to reflect what is going on and finally, when decided, WHERE AND WHEN!!
I read the first page and the last two with no info found. If it wasn't so hard to find, I might come! (I attended the original one in the firehouse where we smoked a cord)

I highly recommend that you guys adopt a format where the original poster edits his post to reflect what is going on and finally, when decided, WHERE AND WHEN!!
I read the first page and the last two with no info found. If it wasn't so hard to find, I might come! (I attended the original one in the firehouse where we smoked a cord)
The original poster of this thread is Ds2000. This gathering was the first gathering for this thread, separate from Hudson Valley Freezefest that Mike organized.
We got together in NJ last year. This is a continuation of that group. It took some time for another place to have the 2nd gathering, which will be at Blue Mountain Reservation Lodge in Peekskill, NY on September 16th this year. I probably could have started a new thread for this gathering, but as you can see, there were continual posts after the first gathering, for another meet, and now we have the venue and date. See page 19, post #369. This is where the current planned gathering started to gain momentum. See post #380, post #144 page 21has the location and date info.
If this is successful, we like the venue, we can book it again and a specific thread will be started. We may want to do two meets each year, as there are not many AK gatherings in the NY metro area.
Glenn

Looks like I need to move 6 more of those acoustic pods I brought to the last show ASAP as we are about to put the house up for sale... Knowing how they helped in the last gathering w/ acoustics, I have two things in mind...

1) can some one take them off my hands until the gathering and use them in the meantime

2) Is anyone interested in owning them permanently.. lets say pennies on the dollar... $60 for all six of them... pic of four here, the other two are perfect ..

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....ignment-tool-room-tunes.771130/#post-10561058

Chris , I can help you out with the room tunes, but it has to be by saturday. I bought a pr from you in Verona. I"ll hold on to them til the next AK meet on 9/16.
I can meet you on the NJ side of Goethals bridge. Bay View Ave?? Rt 1/9

Looks like Mike (mike0565) and I will join this little gathering. Popping you $20, Glenn. Should be from Night Own e-Ventures or whatever my Paypal name is.

Looks like Mike (mike0565) and I will join this little gathering. Popping you $20, Glenn. Should be from Night Own e-Ventures or whatever my Paypal name is.
Hi Dan!
Great and thanks! Hope you had a great 4th and look forward to seeing you and Mike!
Cheers, Glenn

*The L980's were a big hit at Frankenfest.

Hi ! Twenty hard-core audio folks sounds like a good time...I am trying to figure how I can attend this event when I am scheduled to be at another northeastern audio event the same weekend. September 15th and 16th, 2017 are the dates for the Delaware Valley Historical Radio Club/Renningers Antique n Farmer's Market "major happening" of an antique radio show in Kutztown, PA. As soon as I know the dates for 2018, I will pass that info along to prevent another similar conflict next year. The antique radio show swap meet there has become a significant audio show/swap meet. There are two Kutztown, PA radio shows per year, in May and September. Some shows, there is as much hifi turning up as radio and vintage electronics ! I really am not trying to "plug" these events...but being up in the PA Allegheny mountains on the same NYC area gathering date for September, makes this a tough choice for me.

Perhaps, I can "break away" early Saturday and journey toward upstate NY for your Sept. 16th event. If I do, I would be happy to pay the $20. and set up some goodies for listening and swaps. If I cannot make this event, I hope you all have a great time !

Hi ! Twenty hard-core audio folks sounds like a good time...I am trying to figure how I can attend this event when I am scheduled to be at another northeastern audio event the same weekend. September 15th and 16th, 2017 are the dates for the Delaware Valley Historical Radio Club/Renningers Antique n Farmer's Market "major happening" of an antique radio show in Kutztown, PA. As soon as I know the dates for 2018, I will pass that info along to prevent another similar conflict next year. The antique radio show swap meet there has become a significant audio show/swap meet. There are two Kutztown, PA radio shows per year, in May and September. Some shows, there is as much hifi turning up as radio and vintage electronics ! I really am not trying to "plug" these events...but being up in the PA Allegheny mountains on the same NYC area gathering date for September, makes this a tough choice for me.

Perhaps, I can "break away" early Saturday and journey toward upstate NY for your Sept. 16th event. If I do, I would be happy to pay the $20. and set up some goodies for listening and swaps. If I cannot make this event, I hope you all have a great time !
That gathering sounds fabulous! I hope you can make it to Peekskill on Saturday, but don't kill yourself. The Blue Mountain dates were limited and I grabbed what seemed to work best. If this is a success, I'll book it again and hopefully have more date options.
Cheers, Glenn

A little over 5 weeks to go gents!
I'm in no rush for the summer to end, but can't wait for our get together!

Back
Top Bottom