Thank You AudioKarma Staff and Members

Yeah we,re in agreement Frannie, I like you here and posting your thoughts.

To both Dan and Frannie's point. It is sometimes difficult, for me at least, to convey in a typed message exactly what we were trying to say. I understood it and made since in my pea brain even when I re-read it but somehow gets misconstrued by some others. I think it depends a lot on the mood or attitude of the reader sometimes as how they take it. Communication is difficult at best ain't it?

Bubba57

Especially difficult, due to the imprecision of English, when one lacks the visual cues of facial expressions.

I dunno, sometimes that is a good thing... :)

We should get back to congratulating Dan for his award, and celebrating by turning it up to eleven and putting out the lights in SF.

I agree. AK MOTY is a club with very few members and the honoree deserves their due

Sorry it took sooooo long :D for me to post a photo of my MOTY award plaque per Ernie's request. Alas here it is & I send a hearty thanks to AK members, mods', & all those who put up with me! :D

I don't bring much to the table, but I try to always be mindful to be a nice person to maybe brighten & lighten someone's load.

Thanks so much for being there for me as you know I am just a simple man!

Award.jpg

Don aka ole "Teach" Rome

Congrats Dan - don't normally come by this forum but had some extra time tonight. You have helped me many times in many ways. Great deals on LP purchases, guiding me on LP clamps and entertaining my persistence to understand your table collection. Good stuff. By the way I saw some space for more LP's in the earlier pic posted with the Submarine... what's up with that?

Last edited:
Sorry it took sooooo long :D for me to post a photo of my MOTY award plaque per Ernie's request. Alas here it is & I send a hearty thanks to AK members, mods', & all those who put up with me! :D

I don't bring much to the table, but I try to always be mindful to be a nice person to maybe brighten & lighten someone's load.

Award.jpg

Don aka ole "Teach" Rome

Don,

"Put up with" is not a phrase that is applicable to you. You are one member that can always be counted on to be a blessing to all comers. Just keep being who you are and all will be well.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Award.jpg

Don aka ole "Teach" Rome
Thanks for posting the photo Rome, and a well deserved award for AKs finest.
Congrats Dan - don't normally come by this forum but had some extra time tonight. You have helped me many times in many ways. Great deals on LP purchases, guiding me on LP clamps and entertaining my persistence to understand you table collection. Good stuff. By the way I saw some space for more LP's in the earlier pic posted with the Submarine... what's up with that?

Thanks Mike, good people like you make the site a very enjoyable place, and your support for others is top notch.

As far as open space I'm moving records around because I keep running out of space. So I pulled sections to move into another room, and am filing boxes on the shelves and moving the order down. As you know, buying a lot of records is a constant re-shifting and change to any library.

...As you know, buying a lot of records is a constant re-shifting and change to any library.

Yep - am just wrapping up what was supposed to be a weekend project that is now on day 5. I do see a light at the end of the tunnel though...

I don't bring much to the table...
Don, good sir, I am taking exception with this remark. Others have clearly spoken about how much they think you bring to the table.

I will give you a pass, in hopes that this is just your humility speaking. In the event you are serious, please disabuse yourself of that mistaken notion.

I, for one, am happy that you are here.

Back
Top Bottom