Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

Im listening to the duke 93.5 for some great country this morning after mids so its night to me. Using the emotive pt-100 and a outdoor tv antenna. I don't listen to country real often but they play lots of 80s and 90s and I'm in the mood today. The music reminds me of a bar I lived at back in that time frame:).
Its online check it out.

http://player.listenlive.co/33841

I don't listen to radio much but am enjoying our local station 104.7 Peak FM on my creek cas3040

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 14
I normally don't listen to FM, but I recently got a Magnavox CR-192 FM tuner to go with my Magnavox CR-198C console.

Finished up the alignment today and feeding it through an Ampex 520 MPX decoder it sounds very good through my McIntosh C-24 preamp, Lagfayette LA-375 amp and KLH 22A speakers.

Not really listening to one station. Just scanning the dial to see how it performs.

'Portraits In Blue' on WBGO 88.3FM Volume 4 John Lee Hooker. 1948/49 recordings for Savoy.
Rough and raw. The father of all things boogie.

Fisher Series 90X tuner>Fisher C-90>Fisher 100>EV Aristocrat lll Mono of course..

Last edited:
Game Three of the Stanley Cup Finals, as called by the terrific Mike Lange and Phil Bourque, on my newly acquired NAD 4300. Go Pens!!

Yes I am...... WFPK Louisville KY thru a Hitachi HT-5500 tuner. One of the best I've owned so far!

Normal Saturday night listening for me.

Barney

My usual evening listening:
Dinner Jazz snip (1).jpg

Playing through either of these:

DSC_1697.JPG

or this:
Tuner tonight.JPG

When I A/B them I can't tell much difference. They have similar control logics and specifications so maybe they have a lot of hardware in common.

RIGHT NOW.....wbgo.org......wbgo 88.3 newark ,nj....catch it....Evening Jazz host Awilda Rivera....last show....ALL LIVE...many guests....(tuner NAD 4020) wbgo.org for internet listening if your out of range.

Last edited:
Listening to NPR right now, BBC world service, on my Hitachi SR-2001 hooked up to a pair of Sony speakers that one of which was blown...

RIGHT NOW.....wbgo.org......wbgo 88.3 newark ,nj....catch it....Evening Jazz host Awilda Rivera....last show....ALL LIVE...many guests....(tuner NAD 4020) wbgo.org for internet listening if your out of range.
That is a good station. I listen to it on the internet occasionally. Quite a few good jazz stations out there in cyberspace. It's not the same as listening in analog, but how are you going to do that with a station halfway across the country, unless it's a syndicated show?

listened to Sunday night's airing recorded on my poor man's reel to reel. This airs on KCUR 89.3 on Sundays at 8 pm
4 hrs of New Age, Ambient, Electronica and all those other fringe genres of music. Been on the air for 20+ years. The tuner used was my almost 40 yr old Pioneer TX-8500II.

index.php

WFMT in Chicago. They're playing some "churchy" stuff.

HK 330B receiver with Parsec antenna (a recent thrift find). The Parsec really does a great job of pulling in the stations.

35708785376_32fc03bb34_z.jpg

Back
Top Bottom