Pics of your listening space

he
I can't remember if I posted any of this here before, but here it is anyway...

A couple of months back, I decided to purchase a mint Carver "The Receiver" MXR-130 and have it recapped and slightly modded for my oldest brother, completely out of the blue, just as a surprise. Over the years, he was forced to sell off most of his gear and only had left a Monster power conditioner, a Nakamichi DR-1, a Sony PS3 and a small, old 32" LCD TV. One of my other brothers recently upgraded his Vizio 55" LED TV to a slightly bigger and better Vizio 60" LED TV, so gave the 55" to him. I also gave him my old, mostly mint NHT 2.9's.

Anyway, went to drop something off at his place along with a mint original "The Receiver" owners manual thanks to a forum member on the Carver Site.

It's been a little while since I've been over to my brother's, so this morning I finally got to see those cheeks mounted on the receiver. And I gotta say, they look GOOOOOD! While I was there, I installed new foam strips on the NHT 2.9's as the other ones were rather shot. Also gave him one of my C.Crane FM Reflect antennas.

And now, a few pics...

p2371755865-5.jpg

p2371755863-5.jpg

p2371755861-5.jpg

p2371756086-5.jpg

p2371755868-5.jpg
helluva a bra!! nice

Everything I own is via garage sales, 2 pioneer 980 sx's. Multiple Pioneer and Marantz TT's. Altec Lansing Model 14's Altec 890 bolero's. Stromberg Carlson stereo 8, many other tube amps. The list goes on. The only thing I have bought is a Dynaco ST-70 and a JA Mitchell Gyro TT. NOTHING SOUNDS AS GOOD AS VINTAGE GEAR, TO ME ANYHOW.
Sorry about the caps, I type with my thumbs and don't look at the screen.

te
Bought that a garage sale for $10 tlast weekend. It is a Pioneer PL 518. Had to replace the feet, that is it. Plug and play, with a AT90. One of the nicest tt's I have heard in a long time. It won't be leaving my space for a while. They were asking $20, offered $10. Love the way good deals sound....!!! hahaha
tenfo,, have the PL 540... looked similar,, CHEERS!!

I suppose it's about time I contributed something to this thread.

My humble vinyl listening area:

Cease_to_Begin.jpg

Realistic Lab 440 turntable with Signet TK10ML cartridge, Yamaha A-1000 integrated amp, restored/refinished JBL L36 Decade speakers:

Crime_of_the_Century_Lab_440.jpg

Signet_TK10_ML_3.jpg

A couple more "action" shots:

Transatlanticism_Vinyl_1.jpg

Tea_for_the_Tillerman.jpg

Dreamboat_Annie.jpg

Flight_of_the_Cosmic_Hippo_2.jpg

By the way, everything in these photos, except for the rug and most of the albums, came from local Goodwill stores.

Last edited:
I suppose it's about time I contributed something to this thread.

My humble vinyl listening area:

spacer.gif
Cease_to_Begin.jpg

Realistic Lab 440 turntable with Signet TK10ML cartridge, Yamaha A-1000 integrated amp, restored/refinished JBL L36 Decade speakers:

Wow! Great looking little system, and absolutely love the looks of those L36's! That's the best looking pair I've seen in a long time!

Hi everyone,
I have only been here a few days and wow what a wonderful site, a total mine of useful information where I will be spending many hours of enjoyment reading comments and messages, but most of all the wonderful images that people have been sharing - keep it up and thanks everyone. So I thought as a small contribution from myself that I would treat you all to a look at my 40 year old British sound room with a bit of a modern twist.
Graphicalman.
Graphicalman 0001.jpg

Wow! Great looking little system, and absolutely love the looks of those L36's! That's the best looking pair I've seen in a long time!

Thanks, I made them myself - well kind of...
I agree....and you found those at Goodwill? Crazy! Love the minimalist setup its so clean.

Yes, I did, but this is what they looked like when I found them:

JBL_L36_Decade_Before_2.jpg

JBL_L36_Decade_Before_4.jpg

JBL_L36_Decade_Before_1.jpg

JBL_L36_Decade_Before_5.jpg

After:

JBL_L36_Decade_After_4.jpg

JBL_L36_Decade_After_3.jpg

JBL_L36_Decade_After_2.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom