Greetings from the road!

Our backup paver broke down on Wed and again on Thur. First 2 hydraulic hoses broke. Then, a bolt holding the right extension broke. So, the bosses had me drive the old, red truck with 3 tired mice peddling a crankshaft under the hood pulling the empty trailer to Lamar with the foreman riding shotgun. We were supposed to drive to where the good equipment was, load it up and come back.

All the way down, I was toying with the notion of going to the shop where the other trailer sits waiting to be fixed and switch trucks. The green hornet was sitting there so that the shop could move the trailer as needed. As we were nearing Lamar, one of the bosses called the foreman and said to do just that! Best news I've heard all day!

So, with the green hornet, the immeasurably better truck pulling the better trailer, we picked up the better equipment and got back to Denver one heck of a lot faster than we got to Lamar. :thumbsup:

The bosses are now talking about replacing both trucks. I won't miss the red one at all, not even a little bit. The green hornet on the other hand, I'll have to take antidepressants when it goes. They claim that I will be driving an even faster truck, but with an auto-RALPH-matic transmission. Shifting is half the fun of driving a big truck! Give me an Eaton-Fuller 10 speed (NOT the super 10) any day! Don't know how I'm gonna handle this. :no::no::no:

Jan. 9, 2016 was the original post to today. Incredible!

I must admit I read the first post but did not read all 40 pages. With all the miles logged-in, there's got to be an interesting experience in between.

Be safe out there!

I found out today that the truck that the bosses are planning to buy has an Allison transmission. That's a game changer! Most truckers who have driven trucks with automatics said that they don't last and you don't have the control that you have with a stick. However, the Allison is a whole different story. Tanks and Chevy/GMC pickup trucks have them. I am on board with this! :thumbsup:

Heck, I'd loan you mine. It hasn't done much for me the past 57 years.
Lol! We're in the same boat!
Jan. 9, 2016 was the original post to today. Incredible!

I must admit I read the first post but did not read all 40 pages. With all the miles logged-in, there's got to be an interesting experience in between.

Be safe out there!

A lot has changed since the first post. I went from driving for Not Very Swift and not staying in motion for very long to driving dump trucks for a paving company often pulling the trailer full equipment. It's been an interesting 18 months.

After a long, tiring week, I got to go to downtown Denver today. I got a slightly overdue haircut, had lunch at Chili's and found something that I looked for all last summer and couldn't find. I found a red Ralph Lauren Polo shirt! TJ Max is good price wise, but whether you find what you want is hit or miss. I also had a couple of iced coffees at coffee shops. Finally harvested some of the fruit of my labor. :thumbsup:

Other than attempting to go to church only to find out that it was closed, I didn't do nuthin' today. I just chillaxed and loved every minute of it.

We didn't get to work Friday. The money would have been good, but oh well. I spent some time downtown yesterday and had a Meatballs Benedict for lunch.:thumbsup:

Tomorrow is Independence Eve here in Denver. So, Lord willing, I'll be there for the werx of fire.

^^ Yeah, if you want a dish that wakes up your entire mouth at once, that's it. I don't mean hot & spicy either, just flavorful. It's Eggs Benedict over seasoned meatballs.

Back
Top Bottom