Hello from Chicago's far South Suburbs

Goonior

Found this site while researching a recent purchase of mine. A 1966 Magnavox Imperial console in great condition, even have the original receipt dated 6-2-66 for $695 + tax (approx $5200 in 2017), model # RP704. Everything works well, except for some dial lights that are out. Here she sits in my Man-Cave, a work in progress.IMAG1525[1].jpg imagejpeg_1[1].jpg

Hello,

And just how far south do Chicago's "South Suburbs" extend @ 2017? Urbana-Champagne? Peoria? Menard? Marion?

Welcome to AK.

Hello,

And just how far south do Chicago's "South Suburbs" extend @ 2017? Urbana-Champagne? Peoria? Menard? Marion?

Welcome to AK.
I'm thinking they top out in the zone around Crete, University Park, and Monee... :):) Some say Peotone/Beecher, but I consider those exurbs. Also: Welcome to AK, Goonior.

I'm thinking they top out in the zone around Crete, University Park, and Monee... :):) Some say Peotone/Beecher, but I consider those exurbs. Also: Welcome to AK, Goonior.
You nailed it!!!! And yeah Peotone and Beecher are a little too far out...

Welcome to the AK Crew.

Great sound and sight with yer console. There's a site dedicated for this type of audio/furniture from the music past. Sorry I can't recall the name but with a little leg work on your part you'll find it.

Q

Last edited:
Back in the 70's I would drive to Homewood from Mokena to visit Musicraft and Pacific Stereo to drool over the equipment I couldn't afford. Now I'm in Wrigleyville. Still a White Sox fan. Not "officially introduced" here yet.

Back
Top Bottom