To quote the lyrics of a ZZ Top song.

Drybasement

Hold the ketchup...
"I just got paid today, I have a pocket full of change." From the song "Just Got Paid"

I was listening to some ZZ Top while paying the bills and this song came on. How ironic. :eek:

ZZ Top, far out. I vaguely rmember being in Corpus Christi and hearing them at a big ol' bar about 6 months before they broke out with their first LP. By that time I was back in Kansas, and the Top were just a whole lotta wicked power trio country-tinged sound not really heard before then. Whew.
Dang, there's a long story about that road trip. Yikes. If there weren't any kids around ....

They are a great band Bully. I prefer the older stuff, pre Eliminator (1983). Songs like "Beer Drinkers and Hellraisers" and "Pearl Necklace" get me going boy.

Eliminator was good for it's time. Kinda poppy for the band. But hey, MTV was in its heydey. Every band wanted a video on eMpTyV. Dire Straits wrote a song about that, "Money For Nothing".

Iwas at the state capital a few years back when they got the keys to the city of Austin - man those guys are getting old :eek: - me too.

Whats up with the green shower cap Billy's wearing ?

Hi Folks Me again.

When I got out of the service in 69 ZZ Top was booked to play at a place in Memphis, TN. I was all wound up to go. The Memphis City Council decided that ZZTop was Too Roudy and had the permit pulled. They were not able to play.

LOL Now Billy G has a House there Go Figure?

~Shadow~

Remember the video for TV Dinners from Eleminator? A little creature type dude kept coming out of the foil. :lmao: These guys have always been a class act. They re-invented "cool". Brad

Hey Steam

ZZTop Shot that TV Dinner Video in Memphis at Ardent Studios. I used to hang out there before I went into the service. A friend of mine was a sound engineer there.

"I Like the Chicken, If the sauce is not too Blue"

~Shadow~

Talk about crazy, I just listened to their first two recordings yesterday while washing and waxing the car and today a 16 year old ZZ Top thread pops.

Talk about crazy, I just listened to their first two recordings yesterday while washing and waxing the car and today a 16 year old ZZ Top thread pops.

It's the universe, man, telling you something.

(I don't know what. Maybe that you should grow a foot-long beard?)

Back
Top Bottom