Todays METAL playlist

Absolutely. 90% of my metal vinyl was purchased new at the first available point of purchase. We're talking 1981 through 1988 here, a pretty tight but opportunistic window of opportunity.

Nice! I picked up my copy at Musicland in the mall for $4.99. Grim Reaper was to open the Whitesnake / Quiet Riot concert in 1984 and cancelled but got replaced by Armored Saint.

Dio - Strange Highways

4IkxCRp.jpg

Nice! I picked up my copy at Musicland in the mall for $4.99. Grim Reaper was to open the Whitesnake / Quiet Riot concert in 1984 and cancelled but got replaced by Armored Saint.

Dio - Strange Highways

4IkxCRp.jpg
I can't imagine going to a gig expecting Grim Reaper but getting Armored Saint instead. Armored Saint being my favorite American metal band...so it would be very cool with me!
019.jpg

I think I´ve posted this here before, but extra for KDAC, here it is again.

At the beginnung of this video, at the left, pretty close to the stage, you can see me on the shoulders of some guy.

He was drunk and thought I should show my tattos to the band, and absolutely insisted that I get up on his shoulders to show them :)

Unbenannt.PNG

At the beginnung of this video, at the left, pretty close to the stage, you can see me on the shoulders of some guy.

He was drunk and thought I should show my tattos to the band, and absolutely insisted that I get up on his shoulders to show them :)

View attachment 957522
That's cool as hell, Judas Priest. I can see you clear as day (thanks to a well-placed arrow). The stage setups look awesome as well.

Nightwish - Once

Cover.JPG
Source: HP dc7600 Small Form Factor PC
Player: Winamp 2.95 with 250+ band Equalizer v1.62 for Winamp by Nevi
DAC: Audioquest DragonFly v1.2
Preamplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. PT5
Amplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. ST125.2
Speakers: KLH 9250B

Nightwish - Once

View attachment 957733
Phew... I was struggling to stay awake until "Dead Gardens" came on. The songs are now about 50/50 symphony and metal versus 90/10 in favor of symphony until the mid-point of the album. Also, I've primarily associated metal out of Europe as emanating from England or Sweden. I didn't know that Finland has somewhat of a scene.

Phew... I was struggling to stay awake until "Dead Gardens" came on. The songs are now about 50/50 symphony and metal versus 90/10 in favor of symphony until the mid-point of the album. Also, I've primarily associated metal out of Europe as emanating from England or Sweden. I didn't know that Finland has somewhat of a scene.
My initial response was provoked by mere impatience on my part (I'm biased toward mid-to-fast tempo excluding classical and R&B...).The latter half of this album, with the linchpin being "Ghost Love Score," is simply epic. I don't know who sat down and came up with the concept for this album, but the band in total executed it flawlessly from "Romanticide" forward. I'm an addict of the London orchestras (symphonic and philharmonic) and the vocal performance by the Metro Voices choir is astounding in a metal context. If one can find the patience to sit through the build-up to the tale of the fallen angel in question, they will find themselves treated to excellent vocal performances and powerful, dynamic instrumentation, especially on the part of bassist Marco Hietala ("Dead Gardens") and drumming/percussion by Jukka Nevalainen. As diminutive of a word it may be, this album is a beautiful sonic treat - well-played and well-engineered.

Last edited:
Meshuggah - Destroy Erase Improve

Cover.JPG

Meshuggah - Destroy Erase Improve

View attachment 957771
I'm only a couple minutes into this album's first track and can wholeheartedly state the following: the guitar playing is exquisite.

Yngwie J. Malmsteen - Rising Force

Cover.JPG

Unearth - III: In the Eyes of Fire

Cover.JPG

Damn... I'm getting old. I used to be able to stay up late virtually every night on top of a full-time job, young kids, and yard work. Now I struggle past 10 p.m. Alas, my last "spin" for the night:

Mastodon - Leviathan

Cover.JPG
Seafaring tales à la Moby Dick via thrashing guitars, blast beats, and high-decibel vocals? Who'd a thunk it?

KDAC, I must say your venture into metal is highly entertaining, keep it going! Kinda funny how you keep veering from some of my absolute favourites like Carcass, Meshuggah or Mastodon to stuff that basically makes my skin crawl. :D

View attachment 957522

Awesome man! So, did they notice and drag your ass backstage to party afterwards? :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom