Pics of your listening space

Some of you may have seen these before, but here's a few shots of what's going on in my apartment these days:
P_20170617_135439.jpg P_20170617_133958.jpg
(more info in my thread here: http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....rrangement-photos.670989/page-8#post-10633096)

Main rig is back togeather. So good.

- Woody

34213372072_ffc364ba95_h.jpg
Woody, I love every photo you've posted here. Your content is top notch.

The heart of my system in its new temporary home. Safely at my parents until my divorce is final. Seems counter intuitive to escape "To" your parents house to listen to music.

34989325415_cb63604822_b.jpg

34178665533_28f7ab0d10_b.jpg

Sorry about the divorce, friend. I imagine it's difficult to break a home apart that way.

Hi, What amplifier are you using, it is not familiar to me here in the UK, but it looks like it may be Revox from the general design.
I still have a Revox B77 half-track in the loft and hundreds of hours of tape, it has not been used for over 20 years, perhaps a project for the winter months to come.
Graphicalman.

Hi, What amplifier are you using, it is not familiar to me here in the UK, but it looks like it may be Revox from the general design.
I still have a Revox B77 half-track in the loft and hundreds of hours of tape, it has not been used for over 20 years, perhaps a project for the winter months to come.
Graphicalman.

Hi, it's a B780 receiver. Good stuff, but I had to recap it. It's better to do that with all B7xx Revoxes (including the B77) because Frako elkos are timebombs, and the Philips caps are usualy out of specs.

Normally the living room system equipment is completely concealed in this cabinet. I'm having a hip replacement tomorrow so I'll be doing my listening here for a while until I can do the stairs to get to my listening room. To aid in my recovery I brought my TD-125 and Musical Paradise phono stage down and added the Stax adaptor along side the Schiit Lyr HP amp. I think I'm all set.

IMG_0151.jpg

My family room setup:

IMG_4724.JPG

This version is using my rarely used Sansui AU-717. It needs servicing so I don't use it often but man, it sounds great. Usually it's an Onkyo TX-4500 mkii. Speakers are Cornwall II's right now but it's sometimes Polk Monitor 10's.
The turntable is always a JVC QL-7 with an SAE 1000e cartridge.
IMG_4728.JPG

With that setup and the TV and the comfy couch... I listen to this setup the most.

You can see my DIY vacuum rcm on the far left.
Oh yeah: the beer is an Oskar Blues IPA

And now I'm done lol

Since April I have changed out everything except the CDP. I think I found what I was looking for.

Looks lovely. The antique clock and radios look great too.

Were you the fella with the big 18" JBL sub built into the chimney?

How funny that my last update was only 6 days ago....

I hadn't tried out my Magneplanar MGIICs in this room yet so I figured why not try them with the Sansui.

image.jpg

I know, I know: the Maggie's are s'posed to like a lot more power but this combo is really engaging. They sound fantastic with everything but obviously they really shine with acoustic music.
Listening to some bluegrass right now and I may be here a while.

Back
Top Bottom