Sheer Stupidity, Old Age, or My Balls ARE bigger than YOURS

savatage1973

Addicted Member
Other than my drag racing days, I never thought that I'd break the 200 mph barrier again--especially on a motorcycle. This was a bar bet with a kid (OK--young man) half my age--his Ninja vs my CBR 1000 RR ABS--both "tweaked". And my 55 year old body is paying the price right now, but I won $2K. Gentleman's bet over a few too many beers and we ran for it yesterday (sober). Our friendly state trooper agreed to clock us in a "shoot out"--I hit 216 mph in one mile. I was wearing more leather and steel plates than an armored heifer, and my favorite Shoei full face helmet. Beyond 160 mph it was pretty much a blur--I should sell this bike (actually never should have bought it)--I am a total idiot at 55 years old riding something like this, but the rush of shifting at 10-13K rpm is amazing.

Lucky you didn't hit a grasshopper on the road............DAMN!!!! I think large balls, along with insane fits.

We'll done! 215 mph in one mile is screaming fast! The best part is "Our friendly state trooper agreed toclock us in a "shoot out"".

It is like a moth to the flame and there are those of us that can't get enough. Building and racing, snowboarding, jumping out of perfectly good airplanes. Back in the early seventies, I put a Honda 750-4 motorcycle engine into a Harley aftermarket rigid frame with a springer front end and did speeds well over a hundred without a helmet or a t-shirt. I loved late night rides down Bayshore freeway on a hot summer night after the bars were closed. It's like an addiction to adrenaline and it doesn't matter how you get it, if you get out of racing bikes you'll just find another activity that fulfills that basic need. Then staying physically fit is a big part of that....

If your ready to get out of bikes you should try skydiving....

Been there, done that once about 20 years ago--it is a "rush" for sure, Try parasailing, that is fun too!!! :thumbsup:

Paragliding is cool, I did that for years in the Oregon Columbia Gorge in the fall when the wind rips through there. You can hang some serious air at unbelievable heights and come crashing down into the water. They have the championships there....you should really go at least once. Stay in Astoria at a seaside B&B.....

Balls, And crazy. Can't imagine the wind. Have gone 160 in a car (Z06 Vette). Another 50mph on bike, Don't think so.

fair play . i would do the same if i hadn't stopped riding many years ago . i am also 55 . i never got my licence so restricted to 50cc until i pass a test . i dont want to ride 50cc so i dont .. last bike was 750 four honda with a chair . only did 115 but was plenty fast enough for me and the passengers .

fair play . i would do the same if i hadn't stopped riding many years ago . i am also 55 . i never got my licence so restricted to 50cc until i pass a test . i dont want to ride 50cc so i dont .. last bike was 750 four honda with a chair . only did 115 but was plenty fast enough for me and the passengers .

A Honda 750-4 with a side car....

Now that's hilarious ! A 115 in a side car is insane !

Jezus. Fastest I've ever been in a ground vehicle was around 145.

Though if you want a truly white-knuckle experience, try a clapped-out 6 cylinder, manual everything 1965 Mustang at 120. Skinny radial tires on stock wheels. Suspension completely worn out. Manual drum brakes that were interesting at 65 mph. Open differential. Steering would get decidedly vague over about 85 mph (there's a reason Caroll Shelby slapped a big chin splitter on the GT350). Just hang on and hope there aren't too many sharp turns around.

I hear you there. I can't believe the stupid stuff we did with 60's and 70's "muscle cars" back in the day. If I had to gamble, I'd say that my 2016 Suburban has better braking and lateral acceleration numbers than my 1977 TransAm--and I know it gets better gas mileage (even with a 6.2L V8), but back then $5 in gas every few days was no big deal--now it is barely enough to cut the grass.

I'm glad my wife didn't get to see you... she's an x-ray tech, and 2/3 of her "motor vehicle" "clients" are from just two wheels. I'm glad you're still with us.

Back
Top Bottom