Sheer Stupidity, Old Age, or My Balls ARE bigger than YOURS

The fastest I've ever been was in my old Ruf Porsche 928GTS back in the late 1990s about 170-175mph..... (The red and blue's stole the thunder of that test drive.....)

I always wanted one of those cars--the 928 with the 4 valve engine, but they were (originally) out of my price range, and they are a Porsche, but not a 911 Porsche, so the Porsche crowd poo-poo's them--I can get one for next to nothing these days, but I live in the middle of nowhere, so parts and service are virtually impossible.

So, what happened to Skizo ??
Maybe you saw the photos of the Yamaha twin street bike he cherried out.

He was on it's maiden run and T-boned a mini-van @ 50 mph.

He shared this in the back alley pub, so I guess I shouldn't gossip. He sustained serious injuries, but he's going to make it.

A stock CBR 1000 RR ABS has a top end of 178 mph.

The "tweaks" probably include nitrous.

My neighbor had a Ninja with nitrous. He had a paddle shifter (IIRC it was the stock turn signal switch). It used compressed air to activate the clutch and shifter, instant up and down shifts. It had a little 12v air compressor, smaller than those the off-roaders use for their air lockers.

He crashed really bad. His wife made him trade it for a sand rail.

How much horsepower does it takes to push a large displacement motorcycle to those speeds in a mile?

Maybe you saw the photos of the Yamaha twin street bike he cherried out.

He was on it's maiden run and T-boned a mini-van @ 50 mph.

He shared this in the back alley pub, so I guess I shouldn't gossip. He sustained serious injuries, but he's going to make it.

Woow.....

That's terrible!

Thanks for telling me....

That's awesome man I'm an adrenaline junkie as well and the monthly autox gives me my fix.

If I had roads I could go 200mph on with the OK from police I'd be doing the same. Better off that I can't. I'll get a Yamaha r6 if I ever move out of NYC/long island

My friend did bolt ons and exhaust with a ecu tune on his gxsr 1000 made around 180whp dynoed

insane bike, he said he only gave it WOT a handle of times, truly a beast

Over 200 on a bike?
Hitting a bumble bee can be an extinction event for you at that velocity (probably wouldn't do him much good either).
When I was young and stupid I had a cutlass with a tornado 455 and road gears. Wasn't great in a 1/4 but i had it on a long stretch of straight empty road one night. Speedo went to 120 (at about the 5 o'clock position) then 1, 2, D, N coming around it was into N. I'm figuring 150 but don't really know. I'm a dumbass or at least u was, looking back, crappy tires all drum brakes.

Last edited:
I want to know what road you guys used that was so deserted that a cop agreed it was safe to go 200 mph on it? :eek:

When I was still a prosecutor, a brother of a county deputy got pulled over for doing around 120mph on his sport bike - before he even got to the end of the on-ramp to I-44. That caused some fun office politics.

Some years back the city bought one of the motorcycle cops a Kawasaki ??? to catch some of the local speeders. His son had some kind of crotch rocket, so early one Sunday morning he pulled his bike up on the bypass, told his son to pass him, and he'd see if he could catch him.

The kid passed him up and he hammered it, but almost killed himself about a half mile down the road. His son pulled away so fast he thought his Kawasaki had died, so her stepped off to see what was wrong.

Woow.....

That's terrible!

Thanks for telling me....
He was resuscitated and given a helicopter ride... not sure in which order. He lost his left leg below the knee, and his right knee was replaced with a mechanical one. His physical therapy is hampered by a damaged shoulder that had been reconstructed previously.

He's got a long road in front of him, but he's in good spirits.

Thoughts and prayers for him.

I want to know what road you guys used that was so deserted that a cop agreed it was safe to go 200 mph on it? :eek:

State route 318 in Mercer County. It was the main road from PA to OH before I-80 was built parallel to it, and only a couple miles from the State Police barracks in Mercer--since I-80 was completed, it became pretty much obsolete and deserted. You are more likely to hit an Amish horse and buggy than another car.

I'm glad my wife didn't get to see you... she's an x-ray tech, and 2/3 of her "motor vehicle" "clients" are from just two wheels. I'm glad you're still with us.

I don't want to meet your wife (or my maker) anytime soon, but I know what you mean. I have only been in two accidents on a motorcycle and walked away with nothing more than a little "road rash"--and no helmet either time. Both little old ladies with giant boats of cars that they couldn't see over the dash of. First one in a grocery store parking lot--she backed over me--didn't see me--the bike was f**king bright red and the first thing that comes on when you hit the key are all the lights on the bike. Second time I was riding past a shopping center and all of the sudden, there was this white wall of a giant Chrysler pulling out in front of me 50 yrds away and I was doing 45--I literally jumped off the bike and did a drop and roll and watched it crumple into the side of the car.

Pretty much sums up why I never owned a bike. You certainly have a million things that you have to do right to ride safe. No biggie, becomes second nature. There are a lot of things beyond your control that generally don't end in your favor.
For the record, one of the instructors suggested you should carry rocks rather than ball bearings. You can't leave fingerprints on rocks

The fastest I ever went was 220km/hr+, in a car... you just did nearly 347.5km/hr. Wow, just wow. Yes, you are insane- in a good way. :)

Old thread, but love the title!!
Did some fast cars, when the trees and lines blur you know you are fast. Always chose open no traffic roads.
Also on the Fire Dept., saw way to many tragedies.
Had a few bikes, never felt safe enough with the traffic, bad bet. Got enough sad stories for a lifetime.
Flew experimental category aircraft instead, gyroplanes, at least if I died, it would be my fault.

Back
Top Bottom