Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

just picked up this entire system today..
6370Q turntable.
3800 pre amp.
2130Tuner.
SD4000 cassette deck.
2-Esotec MA5 monoblock amps(in original boxes never opened).
series 600 speakers.Silk screened grill cloth to look like wood grain.

Whats the story on this? How were you able to get so much at once

Waaaahoooo!!

Its Here!! Now I say we do a Marantz Roll Call to Ring in the new forum...

Marantz 2330B
Marantz 1030
Marantz SP 1250
Marantz 6200
Marantz 6200 (yes! 2!)

My collection is small, but growing!

Hate top hitch hike on your post, but don't see anyway to post a separate entry...

I have a Marantz 2226 that I bought new in 1977 when I was in the military. Stereo indicator lamp stopped working, doesn't look blown. Ordered a light kit cause all lights had eventually blown, even the pointer light stopped for a while but works again after being unplugged for six months.
Two of the lamps in the package with leads glow differently, one weak and one bright, but neither work when connected to the old stereo indicator leads. All the fuse lamps worked fine and the pointer light wasn't blown so left it alone. Never soldered anything on a circuit board so... any help would be great!

Mono Switch is out and tuned to an FM station with a strong signal.

Well, spoke too soon 250V 2A fuse that runs the lights just blew so now their all out, help.
7-1-17 Update. Re-soldered a deteriorated couple of spots on the back of P100 (Front FM board) and Stereo indicator light worked for a little while. Aimed my digital thermometer (thanx Harbout Freight) around this area and it's heating up to 120-160F in the center of the board (probaly what blew the 2A fuse). Can I find a P100 board?

Last edited:
Can't say this is "mine", but it's in my possession until further notice. The case (pictured) is pretty torn up, Someone in the past must have tried picking it up by the screen and ripped it up/off in the back. Also the holes in the bottom have been torn , but I've monkeyed with it and got everything sounding perfect. Not a hum, or a pop, or a crackle in the audio.

View attachment 947556

P.S. The photo shows a burned out "stereo" bulb, that I fixed before taking the video.

Nice piece. Does the 19 use vellum paper behind the dial like the later 22xx series? I have an 18 and I'm curious as to why the FM tuning indicator needle is so hard to see. Is the needle white in color? The 18 has side illumination (with printing on the glass). Does the 19 exclusively use rear illumination for the dial (with no side lights to help display the tuning needle)?

The only Marantz I have is the NA7004 network audio player that I've had for over three years. The best tuner I've ever had.

Playing around with the Nikkor 135mm f/2.8 iS thrift store lens found yesterday. 270mm equivalent on my camera, so from all the way across the room, lol.

IMG_20170709_102130.jpg

IMG_20170709_102213.jpg

Talon... Love the look of your set up. i have some LED's behind my own gear but it isn't nearly as noticeable as I would like it to be. Trying to find an indoor flood style has proven difficult so far. Any suggestions?

GT.

Talon... Love the look of your set up. i have some LED's behind my own gear but it isn't nearly as noticeable as I would like it to be. Trying to find an indoor flood style has proven difficult so far. Any suggestions?

GT.
I used these from Amazon for $15, comes with a remote to control / change the light color. They go along the backside top of the rack and down about 6 inches on each side, I also used small wire retaining clips to hold in place as the supplied tape wasn't all that good.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YXSQOV4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Awesome thanks for the link. I'm currently building a new steel frame stand for my setup so maybe I will give these a try when I'm done.

GT.

Marantz 2216
Marantz 2226
Marantz 2230 (2)
Marantz 2245
Marantz 2270
Marantz 2325
Marantz 6300
Marantz 5020
Marantz 5220
Marantz 2238bl
Marantz HD700
Marantz CD42

Trying to find 5120, 5200, 5420 and so many more ...

Last arrived :

Marantz 110

Pics will come asap

Last edited:
MARANTZ Gear
6320 x 2
SD 8000 x 2
SD 6000 x 2
HD 880
ESOTEC Gear
SM -6
SM-8