Can't post, Can't Edit, Permissions, etc... Please use this thread

Yes, there is something awry. At least with some browsers, eg, Pale Moon. It works to enter from a forum link. As long as I stay at the forum level, I seem to be able to post (after signing in). However, if I click to go back thru home, then I loose the ability to post. It is as if there is a reset function on the home page and it asked me to sign in again. Then when I do, I can't post. Weird.

Actually surprised I could post that. I emptied my cache, history etc. and still got the error so I found this thread and somehow it works now. It's a mystery!

Seems to happen when I let it sit too long or take too long to type. Using IE.

I can't edit thread titles in the Back Alley Pub forum. The only options that appear are "Add poll" and "Delete thread".

My posting problem from the other day did not recur after that last post above. So if you have that happen, try clearing your cache, cookies etc.

I can't edit thread titles in the Back Alley Pub forum. The only options that appear are "Add poll" and "Delete thread".
I found in my case that after a month the edit feature goes away. I'm guessing this helps preserve the integrity of the original post.

I went back through my old posts and those older than a month I was not able to edit.

Last edited:
highvoltage_ the topic here is the "thread tools" feature on the right above of a thread starter's first post, which is only available and therefore only visible for subscribers. But thank you.

The links within a post are for performing operations on only the post, not the thread title. BTW, it is not "Edit Report", it is two separate functions. "Edit" the content of the post, and "Report" the post to staff for whatever reason: rules violation, OP wants thread closed, OP wants title edited...

Chris, I was hoping either @Wildcat or @Wardsweb would notice this, and comment.

Back
Top Bottom