Great "Every Day Carry" knives

Man, it just doesn't get any better than this. Outstanding designs, top quality materials, high quality craftsmanship, beautiful art, and useful tools all wrapped up in one pocket size item. How can a guy, or a girl, not love it!

Last edited:
Man, it just doesn't get any better than this. Outstanding designs, top quality materials, high quality raftsmanship, beautiful art, and useful tools all wrapped up in one pocket size item. How can a guy, or a girl, not love it!

Yep....knives are very likely among man`s first tools (going way back to pieces of chipped obsidian, which is razor sharp), we are still fascinated by them !

Not exactly an "every day carry" knife unless maybe you live in the wilderness, but I will be carrying it for the next day or two.

ESEE Laser Strike

View attachment 967456
Very nice ! To me, that looks like about a perfect-sized field knife (maybe between 4 and 5 inches ?)....tough, and good ergos, extremely useful in just about any situation.
One of my nephews has some property up in Vermont, we were doing a little woodscraft a couple weeks back, I was using this Rick Mok camp knife, made of 3V steel....it`s tougher than a 2-dollar steak !

upload_2017-7-15_16-30-13.png

That Camp Knife you have there is one sweet-looking rig. Great steel too, tough and good edge holding.

Yeah, the sharp edge is about 4 1/2". With the choil it's about 5". The ESEE is a more mundane 1095 but Rowen puts a great heat treat on it so they hold up pretty well. I'd looked at some higher end woodcraft/bushcraft type knives but figured I'd ease in. :)

one of these 3 are with me daily. My early 90s Leatherman, my 2008 Buck custom shop 110, and my 2010 Marshall Hall custom.
20170715_edc.jpg

The Buck was a Christmas gift from the wife, she has had a habit of taking possession of my knives, so had me one made that read "Handsoff James Only", the MHK was built to my specs, I wanted a thick, tall, and stubby blade with a 3/4 size handle. Short enough to be legal most everywhere and strong.

Marshall also made me a pair of His & Hers Chef's knives. He had a killer design for the regular one, I had him scale the second one down to match my wife's hand. I carry the other 3, but these I use significantly more :)
chef_knives-01.jpg

one of these 3 are with me daily. My early 90s Leatherman, my 2008 Buck custom shop 110, and my 2010 Marshall Hall custom.
20170715_edc.jpg

The Buck was a Christmas gift from the wife, she has had a habit of taking possession of my knives, so had me one made that read "Handsoff James Only", the MHK was built to my specs, I wanted a thick, tall, and stubby blade with a 3/4 size handle. Short enough to be legal most everywhere and strong.

Marshall also made me a pair of His & Hers Chef's knives. He had a killer design for the regular one, I had him scale the second one down to match my wife's hand. I carry the other 3, but these I use significantly more :)
chef_knives-01.jpg

Very nice!

-Dave

Very nice!

-Dave

Thanks, I have a bunch of 'in progress' shots of the MHK stuff, it really adds to the value to me. Here is just as the scroll work was finished

file_work.jpg

My wife has an EDC that lives in her purse, I had this little "Tree Rat" made for her a few years ago (different maker, not in Marshall's league). The handle is the same material my Iowa farm boy Grandfather's EDC pocket knife was made from.
017-20.jpg

The builder poked around my websites and saw I was a musician, so he surprised me with a guitar pick made from the handle material too
021-15.jpg

20170715_edc.jpg

chef_knives-01.jpg

Those chef`s knives are sweet ! Got any details on them ? (steel, blade length, balance point, etc.)

Thanks, I have a bunch of 'in progress' shots of the MHK stuff, it really adds to the value to me. Here is just as the scroll work was finished

file_work.jpg

My wife has an EDC that lives in her purse, I had this little "Tree Rat" made for her a few years ago (different maker, not in Marshall's league). The handle is the same material my Iowa farm boy Grandfather's EDC pocket knife was made from.
017-20.jpg

The builder poked around my websites and saw I was a musician, so he surprised me with a guitar pick made from the handle material too
021-15.jpg
Definitely "Droolworthy", outstanding craftsmanship !

Back
Top Bottom