Sansui AU-7700 Speaker pop when Relay clicks

try switching the speakers off then power on and count 2 seconds after relay clicks before switching speakers on . see if it pops .

looking like the timing cap needs upping some more to give 6 seconds . which isnt out of line with many manuals that state several seconds .
the only other thing i can think of is try another relay drive transistor with higher vbe . so it will need more voltage to turn on . you could try and monitor its base voltage now and see what the voltage is when the relay clicks in .

looking like the timing cap needs upping some more to give 6 seconds . which isnt out of line with many manuals that state several seconds .
the only other thing i can think of is try another relay drive transistor with higher vbe . so it will need more voltage to turn on . you could try and monitor its base voltage now and see what the voltage is when the relay clicks in .
So I put in a 1200uf 16v cap, had it laying around, and it made the difference. It is about a 6sec timing now. No more speaker pop.

Thanks for all the help. Now that I have tunes again, back to the 1280.:)

Back
Top Bottom