Rare, hard to find, uncommon Pioneer components

I'm currently looking for the Pioneer TX-400 valve tuner/radio

400.jpg

The DS-40F is a "Stereo Switch", which allows on-the-fly configuration of a number of amps to be connected to a number of R2Rs and TTs, and have its output directed to 1 of 10 different speaker pairs.

The SM-Q300 is a tube receiver, that does AM, SW, and FM. Although it can receive FM, it needed a decoder to split it into left and right channels, which the MXA-1 (and MXA-3, both also tube based) did.

The DS-40F was superceded by the DS-55F, both of which were primarily "dealer only" components.

Yes, the SD-1000s have shown up and have sold recently, but more likely part of the holiday season. All of the components discussed thus far have shown up, here or there, but still the numbers are relatively few. That's the point: which are the rare, seldom seen, hard-to-find components in the Pioneer space prior to 1985?

Doc
FYI I own a SM q 300 Pioneer and MXA-3 in original box.very, very nice vintage condition No manuals though, haven't found any yet, still looking..

Any info on the Pioneer VX-M70
No sir I do not, I posted a reply hoping you could point me in a direction for information lol
Chee
Any info on the Pioneer VX-M70[/QUOTE
No sir I do not, is it pioneer gear. I'm coming up with Gem Sound Corp dj mixer, on the other hand your other number provides a unique 8 mm Video cassette recorder.(1986) here. Never seen one... ever. The last number was a rear projection screen. Also from (1986). I have a local contact that has some manuals in his garage. He use to repair TV's and such things. I can't be sure IF, that's a big IF, he'll have them. I'll ask if I can peak in those boxes. Lord knows I always wanted to.

I know that there from 1986 but I have never seen a Pioneer VE-D70 or SD-P40 for sale
Rear projection unit. Never seen that one either. Now that you've provided the number, they will be stuck inside my brain. I'll be on the look out for you.
I was hoping that you might have some information on the SM Q 300. If I had that information it would already be in your inbox. Good luck I hope you find them.
Cheers,
Mark

Rear projection unit. Never seen that one either. Now that you've provided the number, they will be stuck inside my brain. I'll be on the look out for you.
I was hoping that you might have some information on the SM Q 300. If I had that information it would already be in your inbox. Good luck I hope you find them.
Cheers,
Mark

The SM-Q300 is a 1959 Pioneer tube stereo receiver.

Specs:

Tuning range: FM, MW, SW. Power output: 15 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo)

Speaker load impedance: 4Ω to 16Ω

Valve complement: EL84, 6AN8, 6BE6, 6BA6, ECC83, ECC85,

Looking for the component history. I have the mpx processor as well. Connected to a set of pax 20's Omni directional speakers.015.JPG 016.JPG018.JPG 020.JPG

Iv'e had these speaker boxes for years, even the matching circular amp / phono system. I refinished them. There heavy 25 lbs. I put 5 lbs of sand in a bag, to help with some bass. I have been looking for a copy for years. cheers.

the world is awesome today..

Being looking for a manual for years. No luck yet. 005.JPG 006.JPG I have to bias the 4 output tubes. Paid 350 for it. Have mpx unit as well.

Did not know we could state what we were looking for.

In that case. Im looking for an original User Manual for the Pioneer A-71. I did find one on eBay for the A-858 (same amp) but not the actual A-71.

Can find 717 manuals all over, but i cant seem to find the manual for the A-71, not even on HiFiengine.

Kind Regards,
John

You can state that your looking. It's different when your luring a prospective sale or trying to sell an Item. That's a "no no" here as you already know. When your asking for information or looking for a link to information. I think it's an honest question and your asking when in doubt ask a moderator or the big cheese = grumpy. He'll set you straight. It's difficult to find I see that now, someone may chime in. What about Dr Strangelove he's a superstar here on AK. Lots of Pioneer info with him.
Never know. Good Luck I'll keep an eye out. For ya.

cheers,
Mark

the world is awesome today.

It seems like the old pioneer component cabinets (or other brands) are fairly uncommon. I assume a lot of them got thrown out and torn up over the years.

For one thing P-D70's have never been so prominent on ebay than today. A few more rare items come up now & then like U-24 selectors & crossovers along with others. The problem is sellers who can't pack the items for shipping worth a flip. A lot of this rare gear gets rarer as each one gets destroyed when it shouldn't have to!

yes so true. that's why most sellers do not like shipping the item and offer no returns. I recently saw a pioneer spec C73 pre go up for sale. Cheap and rare. So I bought it. Any "U"> gear commands high prices. Packing is the most important part of the transaction when the buyer can't be there for an audition.
cheers,
Mark

a.jpg
Picked up a hard to find Pioneer A-D5a-PM Pure Malt Amplifier - 100V X160W - works perfectly and looks pristine. I am looking for any information manuals (PDF's) - operators, specifications, ect.
Have a question on the remote control unit - CU-A020 is the original but isn't the CU-A013 the same remote but in black?

Back
Top Bottom