Today's JAZZ playlist

The Billy Taylor Trio: A Bientot - A Touch Of Taylor

View attachment 968691

I love this one. A lot of great originals on it. I have this exact copy.

I had another one though, that I unfortunately gave away. I'd like to have that one back, with the little checks written in next to certain tunes by my friend Tommy C., when I lent it to him. I was a little ticked at him at the time, although I never said anything. But now, I would like that record back. It was the one I grew up with, and it would be a remembrance of my friend. But sadly, both he and the record are gone.

Last edited:
VzsoMnU.jpg

I love this one. A lot of great originals on it. I have this exact copy.

I had another one though, that I unfortunately gave away. I'd like to have that one back, with the little checks written in next to certain tunes by my friend Tommy C., when I lent it to him. I was a little ticked at him at the time, although I never said anything. But now, I would like that record back. It was the one I grew up with, and it would be a remembrance of my friend. But sadly, both he and the record are gone.
I rarely buy records at record stores but when I saw it yesterday I had to have it. I don't have enough Billy Taylor in my collection and I'm trying to fix that. Excellent pianist. Sorry to hear about your friend. Music can take us back to places and times like few other things.

I rarely buy records at record stores but when I saw it yesterday I had to have it. I don't have enough Billy Taylor in my collection and I'm trying to fix that. Excellent pianist. Sorry to hear about your friend. Music can take us back to places and times like few other things.

Hey, thanks montrecott. I didn't mean to kind of overtake your Billy Taylor post, but whenever I see that record, that's what I think about. It's such a great album. Love that tune "Ever So Easy". There are some really nice ballads. Just great originals. Great rhythm section too, with Earl May on bass, and Percy Brice on the drums.

You know, the way I feel about this LP, is one of the reasons I love records.

I think this one might not be real common. Found three Brebeck LP's last week all of first release Promo mono's. all three the vinyl in excellent shape with great covers. All at my local thrift store.

The Dave Brubeck Quartet ‎– Time Out
Label:
Columbia ‎– CL 1397
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album, Mono, Promo
US
Released:
Genre:
Jazz
Style:
Space-Age, Cool Jazz

WIN_20170717_00_02_24_Pro.jpg