Nice Vinyl rig or Ghost in the House

Condorsat

Audio Enthusiast
Earlier this Spring ... I replaced my old AT 440Mla w/ an Ortofon 2M Blue. Still getting use to this cart which sound good. Over Summer vacation picked up a copy of Stephen Stills Manassas .Just got around to spinning it today (busy Summer this year).

61+pntHzMdL._AC_US218_.jpg

Sounded really good ... three dimensional ... but I kept thinking someone was in the house (when I was suppose to be alone). Had to stop the record once to check :wtf: nothing there... nice rig :thumbsup: ... or a Ghost just came home w/ the used record I bought. :yikes:

Could be sounds in the backgrohnd of the recording. Or, you did drag home the previous owner! :eek: But hey, maybe the ghost is just jamming to its favorite album. :rockon: If stuff starts flying off the walls or shelves, just play the album. :thumbsup:

Stills and Manassas is a very nice recording and an excellent performance by the band. Stills' song writing was peaking during these years and he was cranking out a lot of music.

I just played this record recently, each of the four sides is its own theme, love it!

Could be you brought someone home with you. I picked up an old cookbook using the book one day months later my wife and I felt te presence of an elderly woman and the house filled with the smell of jean nate. She still comes back occasionally to visit us when we are cooking especially if we use her book. So who knows?

Could be you brought someone home with you. I picked up an old cookbook using the book one day months later my wife and I felt te presence of an elderly woman and the house filled with the smell of jean nate. She still comes back occasionally to visit us when we are cooking especially if we use her book. So who knows?

:yikes: ... reminds me of that TV episode of The Haunting Of Jack Blades (Night Ranger) ... he started having problems when he took civil war relics home w/ him. When I watched that episode ... I thought to myself "I buy & take home used records all the time" ... older Classic Rock.

Some years ago I bought some shirts from a hospital auxiliary thrift store. The volunteers and clientele are elderly which made me think a widow or executor donated a deceased's clothes. Nothing dramatic, but starting that night, there was a distinct sense of someone else being in the room and the faint sound of piano music just after going to bed. Could not pin down the tune, always the same one, but it sounded "Christmassy" A couple of weeks later, I realized I did not notice these things anymore.

Some years ago I bought some shirts from a hospital auxiliary thrift store. The volunteers and clientele are elderly which made me think a widow or executor donated a deceased's clothes. Nothing dramatic, but starting that night, there was a distinct sense of someone else being in the room and the faint sound of piano music just after going to bed. Could not pin down the tune, always the same one, but it sounded "Christmassy" A couple of weeks later, I realized I did not notice these things anymore.
Maybe you washed the ghost away. :idea: What detergent do you use? Maybe Condorsat could wash his record with it. :thumbsup:

I don't believe in ghosts as such.
For the simple reason that we would be knee deep in our ancestors. :eek:

But I will say that some things are still not known.
So perhaps a bit of an echo or vibration from the previous owner.
Some unknown link or cosmic connection to their favorite stuff?
Perhaps good vibs and feelings left on their old stuff, like a finger print.
Who knows?

I can't see dead people, but I do read dead people. :cool:

I brought an amp home and stuck it in my bedroom closet until I could get to cleaning it up. Every night after that I felt like someone was looking out of the closet at me while I was sleeping. I even had dreams of it. This went on for months. It was a little weird but I am not much of a believer in ghosts so I thought I was just being silly.
After cleaning and repairs were made I put it in the main system. I didn't make the connection in my mind for a bit but the closet feeling was gone. I mentioned this to a friend and she said that every time she'd walk by the listening room at night she felt someone was looking at her. Just then a stack of records on the shelf fell over and a hanging plant in the room moved like wind had blown (the windows were closed at the time).

That's my haunted hi-fi story.

I bought a house in which the owner died in it. The first night, I awoke to a green mist which then turned into a vertical line, then folded into a dot and disappeared. Later (some months), I was listening to some vinyl, was looking for my favorite LP (at the time), YES - 90125 and it was gone. I search many times for it, could not find it. Went to work the next morning. When I returned that evening, the YES album was sticking out of my record shelf......

The lite over the stove stayed on for the next 10 years until I moved.

:lurk:Need a good camp fire for these stories. Enjoyed reading. Nothing here all is quiet. Hopefully more posts will follow.

I don't believe in ghosts as such.
For the simple reason that we would be knee deep in our ancestors. :eek:
I've heard that there are more people alive right now than all the people who have lived and died. So, not so bad.

Assuming a ghost can only haunt one place at a time, of course. :)

:lurk:Need a good camp fire for these stories. Enjoyed reading. Nothing here all is quiet. Hopefully more posts will follow.

I also forgot the evening when there were 3 knocks on the ouside east wall, then 3 knocks on the south wall, then 3 knocks on the west wall, all in rapid succession. I ran outside to try and find the pranksters, to no avail. The I realized the knock on the south wall sounded like it was above the picture window, which would be about 20 feet from the ground (walkout basement is that direction)

My new house has no issues of this type.

I have a Ghost Hi-Fi story ... 2nd hand but here goes. Back when I was living in the UK ... I had a friend who was renting a house in Berry St Edmunds.
The landlord told him that the rental unit was haunted ... my friend laughed it off and said "Okay, good to know".

Anyway long story short ... he heard the usual things ... bumps in the night, sound of someone in another room. We were all in our 20's ... so we just took it like a joke.
My buddy brought a Black Sabbath cassette tape because ha ha ... he thought the Ghost would like it. Anyway .... my buddy and another friend (I was not there) swore to us that the
tape player (w/ black Sabbath in it) ... turned on by itself one night ... after they were talking about the Ghost.

My friend never moved out (was there for several years)... he just started calling the Ghost ... Berry and would jokingly refer to him as his other roommate and a fellow Black Sabbath fan.

I have a Ghost Hi-Fi story ... 2nd hand but here goes. Back when I was living in the UK ... I had a friend who was renting a house in Berry St Edmunds.
The landlord told him that the rental unit was haunted ... my friend laughed it off and said "Okay, good to know".

Anyway long story short ... he heard the usual things ... bumps in the night, sound of someone in another room. We were all in our 20's ... so we just took it like a joke.
My buddy brought a Black Sabbath cassette tape because ha ha ... he thought the Ghost would like it. Anyway .... my buddy and another friend (I was not there) swore to us that the
tape player (w/ black Sabbath in it) ... turned on by itself one night ... after they were talking about the Ghost.

My friend never moved out (was there for several years)... he just started calling the Ghost ... Berry and would jokingly refer to him as his other roommate and a fellow Black Sabbath fan.

Unfortunately ghosts are pretty notorious for not helping with the rent, bastard Berry.

No ghost story's, but have an oddity that could qualify. I've lived in Colorado for 40 years. One weekend the family and I went up to Estes Park to visit the notorious Stanley Hotel (where S. King wrote The Shining). As we approached the hotel my wife pointed out a dog sitting at the entrance to the drive. It was a grey hound and it appeared to track us (eyeing us, full head swivel) as we slowly drove by. Wife and I commented how out of place and weird that was. After we reached the parking lot and approached the front entry, my wife pointed out a grey hound sitting off in the grass, once again tracking us as we walked by. It's a good 1000 feet or more from where we saw it the first time to now and there are other visitors around, but this dog visually tracked us the entire way. Inside the hotel had the typical feel of an old hotel, creaky floors, period décor. No sign of the greyhound on the way out, just thought it was weird.

You guys come up with some really interesting topics! :D

I remember a bone chilling experience when my brother was looking for a house to rent. He was a offered an awesome deal by his father-in-law's co worker. The only catch was the house needed to be cleaned and cleared out. The house had been vacant for almost 15 years and none of the belongings of the previous tenant had been cleared out due to the tenant passing away while overseas. Desperate for a house, my brother agrees to the terms and gets the keys to the house.

On the day of cleaning we arrive with a group of friends to help out. After doing a little exploring to figure out where to start, we found a Zenith Stereo console and a fairly large record collection. It was nestled right next to a nice mid century chair in front of a corner fireplace. After a quick once over and checking things out a bit my brother turns it on and tunes into a local classic rock station. We thought, sweet we got some music to jam out to while cleaning up. It wasn't until after about 15min someone noticed the same song we started out with was still playing. My brother tried to change the station but it didn't matter what he did, the song kept playing without skipping a beat. After a bit of fiddling around he decides to shut it off and pulls the plug out.
"It's old, probably needs some restoration" he says.
At this point, everyone had gone back to moving stuff out and cleaning. Then about 10min later we hear the same song playing through the console again. We all move into the living room to check out what my brother was doing and he was standing there holding the plug in his hand. Not one single person was amused.
"What the F#@k is wrong with that thing" a friend says.
"Dunno, it's not even plugged in" my brother says.
I walk over and sure enough it wasn't even plugged in, the lights on the built in receiver were not even on. That's when my sister in law says "Is it me or does it feel like someone is watching us right now? I keep getting the feeling we are not supposed to be in here"
After she said that, it took about 0.005 seconds for everyone to clear out of the house.

My brother never moved into the house. He ended up receiving a long apology from the owner along with quite a bit of info explaining what we experienced. To this day, the house is still vacant.

The name of the song: Neil Young "Down by the river"
I still get the chills when I hear that song. o_O

JEAN NATE??!!! Damn, a ghost AND crappy taste in perfume. :p:p:p

I've heard that there are more people alive right now than all the people who have lived and died. So, not so bad.

Assuming a ghost can only haunt one place at a time, of course. :)

Approximately 40 billion or so people have ever been born, since we climbed out of the trees, is what I've read, but I can't attest for that number. Just some flotsam in my gray matter.

And ghosts?? Nah. Don't believe it even a little bit, and I grew up in a VERY old home with odd noises afoot constantly.

interesting thread, for certain. Can't believe a big ol' tough guy like WaynerN would be afraid without a nitey lightey! :rflmao::rflmao::rflmao:

My son lives in an old two story house converted into two apartments. One above and his below. Nice old place with killer woodwork. The first time I visited I asked who was that rolling a bowling ball around upstairs? He just said nobody, my neighbor isn't home. Earlier this month there was a get together at my daughters and he was telling me about how it sounds like someone walking around upstairs when no one is home. He even called the cops one night because he thought someone had broken in up their. No one was home and everything was locked up. My son said he just ignores it now. When I was there it was frigg'n
Loud! It did sound like someone rolling a bowling ball around. The old couple that built the place around the 1930's converted it into two homes to supplement their income in their later years. My son said as long as the noises stay upstairs he is fine with it.

Back
Top Bottom