What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I was born in the mid sixties when music was in the for front of change. Moreover music continued to evolve. The eighties music seemed more prevailing for me to express who I was. The 80's were the best years for me personally. I still have some of my records from then. Every time I'm out at garage sales my eyes light up when I see records. You never know when you'll run into rare cover. I still think of my cute red head gf from mid eighties who loved to spin records. Not all miss things from the eighties, however I do, it was simpler time then.

the world is awesome today..
Graduated in 1984 so I know what you mean. I make no apologies for liking the 80s. It was a great time to be a teenager and for music. Compare the Billboard chart from July 1987 to today, and I think you will see what I mean. :eek:

6179841.jpg

Found a copy of this on my lunch break at a local antique store. They wanted $30 for it, and I'm conflicted about the price. The media is in great shape but the cover is pretty beat up. Also, I can't figure out which pressing it is. The matrixes matched up with the WLP matrixes, but it's not a WLP. It has the olive green WB label with the skeleton the earlier pressings have. Anyway, currently checking it out on Amazon Prime Music to see if I like it. If I could talk the lady down I might be interested.

Mailman just brought me my copy of PFM - Photos Of Ghosts.
Manticore MC 66668
http://www.prog-sphere.com/specials/premiata-forneria-marconi-photos-of-ghosts/
005.jpg

004.jpg

002.jpg

Being the massive prog fan that I am this probably should have been a part of my collection 40 years ago. Never actually heard it until a couple of weeks ago when a good friend sent me some digital files. I knew I had to have the vinyl. Got this for $6.00 on ebay. Very happy with the condition of the vinyl and cover. Has it's original inner sleeve. Very minor ringwear and a couple of slightly dented corners. The vinyl itself is almost perfect.
This is the first time I've done mail order vinyl but it definitely won't be the last.

Back
Top Bottom