When AK members - friends - silently disappear

On occasion of our latest missing member ETLS (thanks, 4-2-7) I would like to repeat my request again that everybody of the core of our community who intends to stay away from our "family" for a longer period would please be so kind to announce that - if possible.

Robert got health issues in the last months (see also his latest posts in this thread) - so I am very concerned.

Robert got health issues in the last months (see also his latest posts in this thread) - so I am very concerned.

Me to, and I went looking for his phone number in my phones and couldn't find it. Normally I would just find it in my resent calls and dial him that way. Another place I could dig it up would be in our messages on the site, so I'll call him when I find it.

Hey, still with you guys, just been busy feeding my vintage bicycle habit for the last couple of months. Rode in the Eroica California event early April in Paso Robles, only 40 miles but about 2200 feet of climbing, some hills up to 10% grade and gravel. Amazing how quickly one can spend money, kinda like Audio! My original 1972 Italvega Super Speciale.

Verizon%2BiPhone%2B4%2BApril%2B2017%2B006%2Bcopy.jpg

that's me on the left, my brother-in-law on the right at the starting area. It was only 43 degrees at 8:30am!

iPhone%2B4%2BApril%2B2017%2B012%2Bcopy.jpg
I love that bike....I would ride, but I don't like the new stuff...I kind of want a good vintage bike...

Me to, and I went looking for his phone number in my phones and couldn't find it. Normally I would just find it in my resent calls and dial him that way. Another place I could dig it up would be in our messages on the site, so I'll call him when I find it.

It would be great if you could give us an update. Thank you for your efforts. You are a good man.

On occasion of our latest missing member ETLS (thanks, 4-2-7) I would like to repeat my request again that everybody of the core of our community who intends to stay away from our "family" for a longer period would please be so kind to announce that - if possible.

Since I added the new metal roof over the existing metal roof on my mobile home, phone and internet reception is crappier than ever. I usually have to sit outside to get reception, and battle the mosquitoes. At least I have a five foot overhang to keep me in the shade.

IMG_20170515_190710.jpg

Since I added the new metal roof over the existing metal roof on my mobile home, phone and internet reception is crappier than ever. I usually have to sit outside to get reception, and battle the mosquitoes. At least I have a five foot overhang to keep me in the shade.

View attachment 971471
Hey I don't hear any apologies just excuses LOL, :wtf:

You know better than to leave us like that.

Whatever happened to Ken Kantor? I don't remember seeing him around here in quite a while.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Whatever happened to Ken Kantor? I don't remember seeing him around here in quite a while.

Enjoy,
Rich P
Ken was last seen on AK, Feb. 2, 2015.

I hope I wasn't a factor in his departure. He and I got into a debate regarding ABX blind testing, and whether or not valid science is used when voicing loudspeakers.

He left shortly after this, IIRC. Botrytis was involved in the debate, if he remembers any of it.

I think he quit because of getting tired of (essentially) debating how many angels can dance on the head of a pin and whos advanced degree was better than the other guys.

I think he quit because of getting tired of (essentially) debating how many angels can dance on the head of a pin and whos advanced degree was better than the other guys.

The same story again and again. I respect such a decision. However there are alternatives instead of leaving the forum forever for such reasons.

Yeah, you could always just put the people who somehow have annoyed you on ignore and cut off communications with them, while still being able to take advantage of the things you enjoy about AK.

The ignore feature is great but there are times when someone you ignore shares your interests. Then there can be threads that are of interest to you that can get hard to follow. I only use that example as it happened to me with some cable threads, I ended up leaving for a couple years.

Back
Top Bottom