What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Does he have money? :D

No excuses or begging off. My next door neighbor, a full time teacher and mother of a three year old, is currently running for city council in our town of 30,000. She estimates she will end up spending maybe $1,000 out-of-pocket, and raise about that much more from donations, probably none bigger than $100. And a few pancake breakfasts and spaghetti dinners. If past history is a predictor, none of her opponents will spend much more than that. There have been multiple successful city council campaigns in my town for less than $1,000.

I get tired of people bitching and name calling about local government but never lifting a finger to do anything. Generally, there is an inverse relationship between the amount of bellyaching and the willingness to get involved. It takes no effort to call somebody a shithead. But you gotta get off your doopa to actually do something.

Ten percent (or less) of the people do ninety percent (or more) of the work

And this is not directed toward whoaru99. I am sure he is the exception that proves the rule.

So there's my pet peeve for today.

_68884574_3shock.jpg

No excuses or begging off. My next door neighbor, a full time teacher and mother of a three year old, is currently running for city council in our town of 30,000. She estimates she will end up spending maybe $1,000 out-of-pocket, and raise about that much more from donations, probably none bigger than $100. And a few pancake breakfasts and spaghetti dinners. If past history is a predictor, none of her opponents will spend much more than that. There have been multiple successful city council campaigns in my town for less than $1,000.

I get tired of people bitching and name calling about local government but never lifting a finger to do anything. Generally, there is an inverse relationship between the amount of bellyaching and the willingness to get involved. It takes no effort to call somebody a shithead. But you gotta get off your doopa to actually do something.

Ten percent (or less) of the people do ninety percent (or more) of the work

And this is not directed toward whoaru99. I am sure he is the exception that proves the rule.

So there's my pet peeve for today.

Blah blah blah...

I vote, attend the council meetings and voice my opinon on topics of concern, and pay my taxes. That entitles me to bitch when they decide to do dumb shit like hiring consultants to devise solutions and spend a bunch of money to fix non-existent problems.

Here's the deal. This is a small town of ~3000 people. They devised an 11-year plan to "improve" traffic flow in town. Improve traffic flow? What traffic?

Bear in mind this is not an "industrial" city. We're talking primarily residential here. They're in round three and in pretty much all my life living here, it has never taken longer to get anywhere than now. They've gone batshit crazy and have installed stop signs at damn near every corner in town. Mind you, not on main thoroughfares, we have three of those, and they're controlled by stop lights. I'm talking in the residential sidestreets. I shit you not, you can't go more than about two blocks in any direction without hitting a stop sign. In many places there is now a stop sign on every corner. Round one was just a slight inconvenience. They've now redefined absurd.

Minnesota is the Land of Ten Thousand Lakes. This small town is now the Land of Ten Thousand Stop Signs.

Last edited:
I vote, that's enough for me. My guy (the Mayor) and another voted the right way. Three other idiots are, well, idiots.
[/QUOTE]

How's just voting working out? 3,000 people in your town? You could get elected for $25 bucks. Then the smart guys would outnumber the idiots.

How many intersections can there be in a town of 3,000? How long can it possibly take to drive from one end to the other?

How's just voting working out? 3,000 people in your town? You could get elected for $25 bucks. Then the smart guys would outnumber the idiots.

How many intersections can there be in a town of 3,000? How long can it possibly take to drive from one end to the other?

Voting works great. My guy was elected. Unfortunately there are too many other dumbasses.

I'd never get voted in. Too conservative, or maybe not progressive enough to add hundreds of unnecessary stop signs.

But, not being here, I don't expect you'd really understand the stop sign thing.

Last edited:
TV Land keeps pushing that stupid show "Younger" I call it dumber which it is. I have never watched it and don't need to. The commercials alone tell me how stupid it is. Also the fact that it sucks is proven by the relentless push. They need to cancel it or at least let the misguided few who want to watch it find it on their own. Maybe I should organize a TV Land boycott until it's pulled.

NEVER have understood WHY computers have all this silly rigamarole when you turn 'em On or Off..And if you THINK a computer is off, it may just be in "Hibernation"... Sheesh !

I'm sure this one has been covered plenty here, but this is my first time pitching a bitch in this thread so I will just say that the whole cell phone platform war thing really gets old. I am of the notion that they all do pretty much the same things, right? So why is it such a big deal in some households? Why do I always have to explain why I have an Android?
I was at the in laws over the 4th and everybody in that family, nieces, nephews, and my BIL and SIL, are all staunch Apple phone fans. Fine, I think they are probably great phones, maybe superior, I wouldn't know. I started out with Android and have paid for certain apps that are not available with Apple and these apps are GPS enabled for navigation in my boat (chart plotter), GPS with maps for hiking, and one for highway navigation offline. Suffice to say I am satisfied enough in my phone to not want to change out, find new apps, and learn a whole new system.

While there everything about my Samsung seems to come into question. If a call gets dropped, or a text doesn't go or come right away, or if I can talk to my phone or not. All important issues! I just hate it that we have all become obsessed with this crap!

I tried to explain this to them, but it wasn't acceptable, and a discussion ensued about how Apple has superior navigation apps as well, and face time, and Siri, and this and that. I just shrug and say, well maybe someday I will have to break down and buy an Apple phone.. :(

It just seems like with all the problems, all the things that divide us as a people that something like a cell phone should be that as well.
It is just a friggen phone people!! :rant: :wtf:

Apple "geeks" generally know little about anything else. Apple encourages this sort of technical ignorance. The same can't be said for Android/Windows users.

Here's a good one, when someone says "To tell you the truth, I have never exceeded the speed limit in my life". Soooo, you are telling me the truth now, are you? Your statement makes me question everything that you say -- or have ever said.

Irregardless... Oh geeze! There's another one!

My shower fixture drives me up the wall. 6 o'clock is SPOSED to be perfect-not too hot, not too cold.It typically will singe yerass but good. Move the control over to where it should be perfect, but you'll STILL fricassee yr poor self. > And when you THINK you finally have the right position, then you gotta fiddle fart around w/it,as it has to get itself situated again.

My shower fixture drives me up the wall. 6 o'clock is SPOSED to be perfect-not too hot, not too cold.It typically will singe yerass but good. Move the control over to where it should be perfect, but you'll STILL fricassee yr poor self. > And when you THINK you finally have the right position, then you gotta fiddle fart around w/it,as it has to get itself situated again.
I once had a shower with separate hot and cold valves. It would get too hot. Every time I turned a valve to cool it down, it would get hotter until a certain point. Then, it would get too cold and with every adjustment to make it warmer, it got colder up to a certain point and too hot again. Very frustrating. It's been almost 30 years since I lived there, but the memory still haunts me.

New website. First time logging on. Ten seconds in, before I've had a chance to check anything out, I get a pop-up saying something like "Like our site? Want to subscribe to to our daily updates?"

Back
Top Bottom