What's your latest audio purchase?

Pro-Ject Tube Box DS2. I have been enjoying it so far, and appreciate the two output options. It should work well whenever I get around to upgrading my cartridge.

a Simaudio LP5.3 phono pre to replace my Lounge Audio Mark III. It's really very nice sounding.

Got this 2 weeks ago. Just waiting for the tube Phono stage , same make.
Lightnin Hopkins sounds like he is in my room, and thats through my old Project Phono box.

614515868.jpg

Got this 2 weeks ago. Just waiting for the tube Phono stage , same make.
Lightnin Hopkins sounds like he is in my room, and thats through my old Project Phono box.

I have the EAR834P phono pre and it is an awesome phono pre. i havent heard the 834 amp but if its anything like the 834P its gotta sound great and the 2 together could have that WOW factor. i put some RCA black plate 7025's in mine and am going to try some Telefunken 12ax7's next which i have heard sound very good with it.

The Audible Illusions Modulus 3B arrived today.......YEAH!!!! Took 5 months to build! I know your question: Was it worth the wait?..............OH YEAH!! This thing is amazing and it's not broken in yet.

Hmm there is one in my "region" for a good price but it's not working. Wondered if worth trying to fix...

Just bought some Karlson K-12 cabs and old coaxials.... Built in '58... put them on the future project stack with the other 100+ unfinished projects.

Just picked up a pair of ADS L520's off of CL for $50. Cloth grills and vinyl laminate finish but they are flawless.
IMG_0230.JPG IMG_0231.JPG
My first pair of ADS speakers and I'll definitely be hanging on to these. :music:

Attachments

• IMG_0226.JPG
    IMG_0226.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0227.JPG
    IMG_0227.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Mini Discwasher Kit. The base holds the DW, SC-2 brush and small fluid bottle for the SC-2. The DW holds the bottle and brush for the DW.

I wanted the SC-2. Like the way they work.

Bought a Technics SA-600 receiver on a whim at a garage sale for $10, and she's a sick puppy. The DC reading at the speaker terminals was 85-95 mV on the right channel, and about 230 mV on the left channel! :confused:

I just pulled the trigger on a First Watt F5. I should have it by the middle To end of the week. Last year I had purchased an F5 clone that I was so impressed with,I vowed to myself that if the opportunity came up,I would buy the real deal. Well that day has arrived. I will be driving a pair of Nola Boxer 2's,and a pair of Ed Shillings Great Horned Heils with my new to me F5.

Last edited:
Nothing special but I did get a barely used Monster Reference PowerCenter HTS 2500 mkII at a tagsale for $5. It's nice to have a power filter again

Back
Top Bottom