Hello from Lancaster, or Philly, or - elsewhere in PA...any interest???

I'm local to Lancaster at the moment, but moving to Erie by the end of the month! In any case I've never found anyone casually interested in audio save for the guys I've bought my equipment from!

Thank you, thought I might just check it out. And I also purchased equipment locally, Central PA and they were secret audiophiles....

I'm local to Lancaster at the moment, but moving to Erie by the end of the month! In any case I've never found anyone casually interested in audio save for the guys I've bought my equipment from!
I hope you realize you will be freezing your ass off in a few short months. I'm from that part of the state and I escaped down to this area.

I hope you realize you will be freezing your ass off in a few short months. I'm from that part of the state and I escaped down to this area.

I'm also from that part of the state, and I'm only moving back now for College. The cold shouldn't be too bad as I know what to expect, and it's a welcome sight. The worst part will be hauling all of my equipment, speakers, and records up without damaging something! At least where I'm going will had a better listening space.

I live in the Harrisburg area. I'm new to vintage equipment but recently got my hands on a Pioneer SX-880.

Do you know anyone in the area that does great work on vintage equipment?

Last edited:
You might consider a trip south to West Friendship on MD. We are having a AK get together in early October I believe. We have one in the Spring, and one in the Fall.
Regards,
Jim

If you are in the Lancaster area, you may want to call TCW Computer Systems. They bought out Glick Audio some years ago. Mr. Glick had a technician that worked on McIntosh equipment onsite. That guy went independent after Glick Audio went away. He is the only guy in the Lancaster who might work on vintage equipment. Don't hold me to it however. Most of the old time audio stores are long gone in SouthCentral PA.

Can't usually find a tech real close, but not to far away so one doesn't need to ship. Wargo Electronics has a banner as and he is a bit NE of Harrisburg. I haven't use him so I don't know.

I live in the Harrisburg area. I'm new to vintage equipment but recently got my hands on a Pioneer SX-880.

You might try RT Grim in Harrisburg. I have never had anything repaired there however. They are the only ones who come to mind. It also helps if you have a schematic to go along with whatever you want repaired.

I "have a guy". I'm in Mechanicsburg / Camp Hill area. He's actually a sponsor here, John Wargo. He does great work and is trust worthy. I actually didn't know he was on here when I met him (through a possible ebay sale that I had a question about). He moved about 1.5 hours north but has a delivery guy that picks up and delivers the equipment now.

@KillerFox, I'm going to have to check it out. Actually in the market for a pioneer turntable? I have come across a few but they weren't in the best of shapes.

Back
Top Bottom