Let's see your cans!

Short lived rebranded version of German Maestro under the Charter Oak label. They had slightly different features; for example, this version had velour ear pads and closed backs. The GM version had open backs with velour and pleather with closed backs. Anyway, I got them from this weird music upstart called hellomusic.com that went bust. They would sell special buys and demo gear for cheap. $199 for these cans which came in the most beautiful piano lacquered box you've ever seen. Great for tracking and they sound really nice, like older Senn's from the 80's/90's. Made in Deutschland.

Old photos when I was using my Total Bithead. I graduated to a Schiit Valhalla 2 and one of their DACs.

charteroak1.jpg
charteroak3.jpg

The Wall of Cans I consult depending on the needs.
Fostex T50RP, Sennheiser HD600, Realistic LV-20
Obviously single, drilling holes in an oak veneered entertainment cabinet :crazy:
Headphones.jpg
And for when you want it full spectrum top to bottom, punchy & clear, these trial & error modified Fostex,' that for whatever reason, sound better on a little 12 watt, 1966 HH Scott 200B tube amp are Maxell Man Chair daily drivers.
I don't know why, even dedicated headphone amps and decent vintage receivers don;t sound as good on these $10 thrift-store-rescue planars as a very simple tube amp.
Fostex T50RP.jpg

Since I finally have a pic worth showing off on here....

As for any processing done to it, I changed it to black and white, and then added the 'Old Photo' effect in GIMP.

The pic was taken with my recently-acquired Logitech C920 HD webcam.

MDR-_V6.png

My current Wall of Sound.From L to R
ZMF Atticus Bocote(only pair in existence AFAIK)ATH AD2000(non-X-version)Sennheiser HD250,AKG K240EP sextetts,AKG K240MP sextetts,AKG K240LP sextetts

bottom row AKG K340,Concept CE-H,Pioneer SE-700,ZMF Blackwoods

Not pictured Fidelio X1,Yamaha YH-1,Sansui SS-35

Only 5-6 pairs get regular headtime,others are collectable value

24273807_10156202912660288_5400380091235371806_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom