What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

TV Land keeps pushing that stupid show "Younger" I call it dumber which it is. I have never watched it and don't need to. The commercials alone tell me how stupid it is. Also the fact that it sucks is proven by the relentless push. They need to cancel it or at least let the misguided few who want to watch it find it on their own. Maybe I should organize a TV Land boycott until it's pulled.
TV Bland has been going down the tubes for years. Even when they were a classic station, they showed butchered episodes. I remember them proclaiming "full episodes streaming online" of The Beverly Hillbillies. We're talking my A1 favorite show, a show that has rarely been seen in its unedited form since the 80's when Viacom stopped syndicating via 16mm film and went to tape, chopping off about 3 minutes of the show. I went online anticipating I would be seeing an unedited version. Nope. Same old nonsense with 3 minutes butchered out. When I complained, I was given the reasoning of "well, it contains the ending theme song which is cut out on TV." That's NOT a full episode, dummies!

I don't know if people say this in the US, but here in Britain, when people on telly say "he was poorly" meaning he was unwell or "very poorly" if he was ill. I yell at the telly "very poorly what?, you didn't finish the sentence!" Very poorly....lit? Very poorly described?

I don't know if people say this in the US, but here in Britain, when people on telly say "he was poorly" meaning he was unwell or "very poorly" if he was ill. I yell at the telly "very poorly what?, you didn't finish the sentence!" Very poorly....lit? Very poorly described?
No, we don't use that expression that way here. At least not if I am understanding how you use it correctly. We might say "The room was poorly lit." or something like that. Maybe my old brain just needs clarification. :idea::(

TV Bland has been going down the tubes for years. Even when they were a classic station, they showed butchered episodes. I remember them proclaiming "full episodes streaming online" of The Beverly Hillbillies. We're talking my A1 favorite show, a show that has rarely been seen in its unedited form since the 80's when Viacom stopped syndicating via 16mm film and went to tape, chopping off about 3 minutes of the show. I went online anticipating I would be seeing an unedited version. Nope. Same old nonsense with 3 minutes butchered out. When I complained, I was given the reasoning of "well, it contains the ending theme song which is cut out on TV." That's NOT a full episode, dummies!
I like that they have been showing the lost episodes of "Bonanza" lately. However, I agree that it's not what it used to be.

My pet peeve is when kids blindly follow along with things they think are "cool", when in reality they are anything but that.

For example, there's this guy on YouTube named Jake Paul, and I'm not going to go too in-depth about him, but here's a news report on him:

You know when you go to the Blade Runner 2049 Virtual Reality experience at SDCC, randomly get tested positive for being a Nexus Replicant, make a break for it, get grabbed mid-stride by the back-pack and slammed up against a wall. I hate that. The cops of the future have no sense of humor.

0e4161ba-2486-4d0d-997a-bebed3339b42.jpg

Last edited:
I looked online via the website of a shop in my town for the price of a vacuum flask intending to get it next day (today). It was advertised online at £7.99 but when I went into the shop, the price was £14.99. I should have said something but I didn't. I looked at the delivery prices online and, because I live in the highlands, the delivery price went from £3.99 to £9.00! Mainland is £3.99 but for some strange reason, England still thinks the highlands are off shore, I mean, they have maps, don't they? So, the online price would then have been £16.99! I can't win :mad: :rant:
:biggrin: Rant over.

New website. First time logging on. Ten seconds in, before I've had a chance to check anything out, I get a pop-up saying something like "Like our site? Want to subscribe to to our daily updates?"

Which is related to one of mine. People that want to help out by saying "your site should have a pop-up to ask people to join your email list"

But that is one step below the boss I had that kept insisting "Just email everyone we have an email address for rather than just those that signed up. People like saving money, they'll want to know about a sale".

Autoplay videos (news or advertising) on websites, especially those that pop out and flow down the right side or lower right corner blocking the text. Especially annoying are the ones that cannot be stopped playing, this causes me to abandon the page altogether - immediately. I can read the article faster than they can play the video. Autoplay pop-under window ads are worse, but at least they can be closed.
I put the sites I can identify in my Hosts file so the get blocked permanently.

EDIT: P.S. I also permanently uninstalled Flash Player!

Last edited:
My shower temp controller... Damthing has about a 1/64th gap from scalding to freezing.. & for some odd reason, you gotta go thru the whole "Set Up" rigamarole about once a month, as you can't repeat yr last setting reliably.And I would STILL love to give the Gov't Nematode a piece of my mind when it was decided that everybody in America was using way too much water pressure..I PAY for the water I use, Bubba.... DON'T turn down the intensity on ME... If I wanna get Idlewild/JFK water intensity,& am willing to pay for it, why is it anyone else's business ?!? These numbnut do-gooders are gonna be the DEATH of ALL of us, I'm convinced...

I think 95% of my pet peeves are driving related.

The other 15% are people who question my math skills.
Another fine graduate from the Jethro Bodine School of Mathematics!

Which is related to one of mine. People that want to help out by saying "your site should have a pop-up to ask people to join your email list"

But that is one step below the boss I had that kept insisting "Just email everyone we have an email address for rather than just those that signed up. People like saving money, they'll want to know about a sale".
My previous job I worked at a bit over 5 years. Regional rent to own business which shall remain nameless. Part of the rent to own process is that you provide references that theoretically will rat you out if you decide to welch on a payment or steal the product. It was nothing new to contact an old customer that had paid out or returned something to drum up business. Out of the blue one day the regional manager had a brain storm (brain fart?) and told us to pull files on closed customers. Don't call the customer, call their references and see if they want to rent something. A coworker and I joked that next he would have us use the phone book and call people at random!

My shower temp controller... Damthing has about a 1/64th gap from scalding to freezing.. & for some odd reason, you gotta go thru the whole "Set Up" rigamarole about once a month, as you can't repeat yr last setting reliably.And I would STILL love to give the Gov't Nematode a piece of my mind when it was decided that everybody in America was using way too much water pressure..I PAY for the water I use, Bubba.... DON'T turn down the intensity on ME... If I wanna get Idlewild/JFK water intensity,& am willing to pay for it, why is it anyone else's business ?!? These numbnut do-gooders are gonna be the DEATH of ALL of us, I'm convinced...
Until about 5 years ago, this house had the original toilet that was here since the early 70's. Not that I would do it, but that thing put out enough pressure that you could have flushed a tennis ball down it and it would have went through. Even being on a septic tank, you could flush toilet paper down it. My son accidentally broke it trying to put on a new seat. The new toilet? Don't get me started!

Back
Top Bottom