Show your Bicycle !

I always liked the idea of hidden binder bolts. I was the first in my group to modify my brake mounting with Allen head binders (back in `76), and I had a machinist friend machine a custom-made sealed-bearing headset for my Raleigh Pro (visible in the second photo). Just about everything was DIY back then.... :)

Please excuse the dirtiness of the bike....it looks quite fugly at the moment !

upload_2017-5-25_20-49-56.png

upload_2017-5-25_20-51-26.png

upload_2017-5-25_20-53-26.png

Well, finally decided I'm going to try to commute to work on a regular basis. Good excuse to get a new bike. :biggrin:

Trek District IGH-3. Belt drive with 3 speeds in the hub and mechanical disc brakes.

IMG_20170526_111055_zps571uaqhq.jpg

Nothing special here- 40 bucks got me a mongoose 24" 21 spd mountain bike.

Only sweet deal was the fox racing rear shock and fork shocks, oil filled dampers also fox racing. Ive done about 20 miles so far.20170623_062810.jpg 20170623_062805.jpg

Here's my old man bike attached to the car for it's trip home from the beach. Bike path is really the only place I feel safe riding with all the crazy driver's we have around here now. I must be getting old.
bikefixed.jpg

Bike path is really the only place I feel safe riding with all the crazy driver's we have around here now. I must be getting old.
That's about the only place I like riding anymore myself. We have enough nearby rail trails and connecting trails and bike routes that I can keep myself busy. (Google Maps is great for finding bike trails in the area.) Commuting or even just running local errands would be nice, but I want to live to see next week.

Got another bike to post once I get a pic of it...

2015 Surly Ice Cream Truck converted to 29er/29+ capability. Rockshox Yari RC fork, Onyx Racing hubs.

View attachment 956142
SWEET.

Dig the steel?

I'm waiting to finish up a few things in my system and build a little bit of MTB skill up this season. If I can work on some basic bunnyhop, Endo, balance stuff and gety 604 crossovers figured out, I think it'll be a new 1x bike for me next year. Yours looks AWESOME.

SWEET.

Dig the steel?

I'm waiting to finish up a few things in my system and build a little bit of MTB skill up this season. If I can work on some basic bunnyhop, Endo, balance stuff and gety 604 crossovers figured out, I think it'll be a new 1x bike for me next year. Yours looks AWESOME.

I love the steel frame, the compliance you read about is real. Much more forgiving on rough gravel roads that I grind around here.

Recent dump rescue & refurb, Trek 830 gas pipe. It got new tubes, seat & rack. It is one of the most comfortable bikes I've had and very quiet -

om4sQGz.jpg

Part of a his & hers set, hers has gone on to a new owner -

H3gpJmJ.jpg

008.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 005.JPG 004.JPG 006.JPG

I'll ride. I bought this Schwinn Tempo new back in '85 while in the Navy. It was a lot of money for me back then, around $350.00, and I had to make payments for a couple months before I could take it. It's the tall frame, 25" I believe. I practically dug it out of the shed because I've not rode for years. It's fast, light (about 25lbs), still in fine shape and original but for the seat and rubber. A bit scratched up, and could use some conditioning but It feels so good getting back on and riding. Thanks for lookin'. Just keep riding...

S.J.

Last edited:
Far from the only, but my fav.

Love that Ibis ,,, great looker and looks extremely functional ...

Here's my current ride. It's a Rad Rover eBike. Crowd funded so excellent price, and a quality product. :thumbsup:
(disclaimer - no affiliation, other than being a satisfied owner)

radrover-trestle-park.jpg

(I've added a nice rear rack and bags since, and a springed seat post to soak up the bumps. Pure creature comfort, that.)

Had issues with my knees and needed some help, so I got me an eBike. One of my regular runs is going around 11 miles round trip to town for a cup of coffee using the local rails to trails which is just a hop skip and a jump from my house. Going there is easy as there's a gradual slope down, but of course, that makes coming back harder. I peddle without power assist getting there, and kick it on at level 2 coming back. The "brain" has sensors on the peddle hub that provide just the right amount of assist to keep the pedals moving at your selected pace. Another fav feature is the twist throttle which is excellent for powering across busy streets after coming to a full stop to wait for traffic. All in all, a great investment.

(And contrary to public opinion, they ARE legal on the trails, no matter how many "motorized vehicles prohibited" signs you see. Please review the Americans With Disabilities Act revisions of 2011. Truth be told, I get a LOT of comments on the bike, lot of questions, and nary a complaint from other riders about cheating or bending the rules.

Last edited:
View attachment 974745 View attachment 974746 View attachment 974747 View attachment 974748 View attachment 974750 View attachment 974751

I'll ride. I bought this Schwinn Tempo new back in '85 while in the Navy. It was a lot of money for me back then, around $350.00, and I had to make payments for a couple months before I could take it. It's the tall frame, 25" I believe. I practically dug it out of the shed because I've not rode for years. It's fast, light (about 25lbs), still in fine shape and original but for the seat and rubber. A bit scratched up, and could use some conditioning but It feels so good getting back on and riding. Thanks for lookin'. Just keep riding...

S.J.

Wow, that is just truly beautiful. That headset is gorgeous and the Suginos are classic!

My road bikes are in storage, but I think this thread makes me want to get back on them. I have a gorgeous Miki Tange 900 frame, loaded with Shimano 105 and biopace cranks, toeclip 105 pedals and downtube shifters, Arayas etc, from 1986/7 and a similar Ishiwata 4130 based similar sized 24/25" loaded with earlier 105 gear. I love those old bikes. :)

Not interested in modern bikes, their fashion of changing each year and give me proper Japanese steel in my frames!

Wow, that is just truly beautiful. That headset is gorgeous and the Suginos are classic!

My road bikes are in storage, but I think this thread makes me want to get back on them. I have a gorgeous Miki Tange 900 frame, loaded with Shimano 105 and biopace cranks, toeclip 105 pedals and downtube shifters, Arayas etc, from 1986/7 and a similar Ishiwata 4130 based similar sized 24/25" loaded with earlier 105 gear. I love those old bikes. :)

Not interested in modern bikes, their fashion of changing each year and give me proper Japanese steel in my frames!

Thanks a bunch. I've been out of it for so long that the prices for new bikes are simply shocking. I've no doubt technology has improved weight and speed and power and such but I'll likely not buy new as long as I can keep mine rolling. Treks abound in my neck of the woods as I live very close to the Trek plant here in WI, and my town store sells a lot of them. Just it bit above my pay grade.

S.J.

Back
Top Bottom