STK-0050 replacement for SX-780 and others

I have the quote for the heatsink plates.
Water jet cut with the two through holes for mounting and the five #39 holes for mounting the transistors.
Corners are a 1/8 inch radius.
The five transistor holes are bare and would need to be tapped.
$5.00 each. That's the quote.
Is it worth it?
I'll resell'em for cost plus shipping.

This is from a service here in Las Vegas. My Brother might get them cheaper but he's real busy at the moment.

Water jet cut with the two through holes for mounting and the five #39 holes for mounting the transistors.
Is it worth it?

This is from a service here in Las Vegas. My Brother might get them cheaper but he's real busy at the moment.

I'm in as long as it's plug 'n play,...which means I'll solder them up with parts and slap them into the rig with the heatsink compound (if needed).

Keep us posted.

Uhmm...Since the outputs are out of stock untill 2018 from mouser and digikey, could they be subbed with the infamous 2SC5200/2SA1943? probably not the BEST pair, but i see no reason why it wouldn't work

Is it worth it?

I'm in for 20 heatsinks, I have a machinist here at work making me 6 right now, all parts are in just waiting on the sinks.STK-0050.jpg

Uhmm...Since the outputs are out of stock untill 2018 from mouser and digikey, could they be subbed with the infamous 2SC5200/2SA1943? probably not the BEST pair, but i see no reason why it wouldn't work
I think they should work out just as well.
See posts around #124, no reason why any TO-3P complementary paired devices of adequete Vce(>100V),Ic(>10A),Pd(>130W) would not work.
I suggested to try out Fairchild TO-3P package, 2SA1962/FJA4213 2SC5242/FJA4313: 130 watts
512-FJA4213OTU and 512-FJA4313OTU
A longer list of possibilities
http://ca.mouser.com/Semiconductors...0z63xZ1z0xnb4Z1yzt64zZ1yzt56nZ1yzolubZ1z0y4ci

Nice to see so many folks are making use of this design, great stuff, enjoy

Got my boards in the mail too, thank you sir!

WHEN am I going to find time to populate these? I need an assistant. :p

I think they should work out just as well.
See posts around #124, no reason why any TO-3P complementary paired devices of adequete Vce(>100V),Ic(>10A),Pd(>130W) would not work.
I suggested to try out Fairchild TO-3P package, 2SA1962/FJA4213 2SC5242/FJA4313: 130 watts
512-FJA4213OTU and 512-FJA4313OTU
A longer list of possibilities
http://ca.mouser.com/Semiconductors...0z63xZ1z0xnb4Z1yzt64zZ1yzt56nZ1yzolubZ1z0y4ci

Nice to see so many folks are making use of this design, great stuff, enjoy
Yes i meant the 2SA1962/2SC5242 TO-3P pair, those are actually the same ones i used on my latest Sansui project

IMG_2398.JPG Ok thanks rcs and Zeb just finished the first two a little tough getting the holes to match up but a very nice experience and a little change of pace from rebuilding receivers every day. Pic attached. Big thanks to my machinist at work, he said he has it programmed into his machine and says he can knock out the heat sinks quickly. But I'm not taking chances at work. So I'm waiting for the Zeb heatsinks to finish out my 20 boards. Pics attached.

Being an SX-780 owner...I'm just glad that I happened to stumble across this thread. Thank you to the contributors!

Is it worth it?

I would like 4 of the heatsink plates please, PM final cost with shipping when available.
Thanks, merlyn

EDIT: update quantity

Last edited:
I'm curious if anyone who's made the aluminum heatsinks used the dimensioned drawing I made and posted. Just wanted to know if the dimensions worked out.

I'm curious if anyone who's made the aluminum heatsinks used the dimensioned drawing I made and posted. Just wanted to know if the dimensions worked out.

Dimesions are perfect, I had my machinist at work make me some, I've built 6 modules so far with zero fit issues.

I'm ready for shipping the heatsinks with M3 tapped transistor hold downs.
I'm selling them for the cost plus the shipping. See previous posts.
PM for pricing.
I have 68 ready to go.

DSC04147.JPG

Last edited:
Listing these plates and the PCB's on our favorite action site will make this much easier on me.
I'll be able to print labels and keep track of the guys wanting the parts with some organization and efficiency.
I never expected such a demand.
PM's from up today will be filled.
PM me if there's a concern.

Back
Top Bottom