Today's INDIE Playlist

I posted a great video about a "Cool Kid" and a non-video (just a picture of a record) something about a shark? Good band.

Yeah, you posted "Hey Cool Kid" a while ago. I thought someone posted something from the Life Without Sound album recently but I couldn't find it. Haven't seen an indie_links.pdf from you lately so searching old posts takes time and I'm easily distracted.

P.S. You're such a Cool Kid, Loop.

Last edited:
This is the Kit - Earthquake
Cool - I've got a great balance locally. There's a liberal arts college that's mostly girls and they play a lot of brainy artsy girl stuff that I like. And an engineering college that's mostly guys and they play a lot of the edgy psych / surf / garage stuff that I like. I let the Links PDF fall by the wayside cuz I got behind on the cross-referencing for the labels and release dates. But here's a "lite" version that is just thread chronological and is pretty much 100% automatically generated (attached).

35983206281_f812025a82_b.jpg

The Places You Have Come to Fear the Most

Dashboard Confessional

2001 Vagrant VR354

My CD/LP/TAPE Collection

Cool - I've got a great balance locally. There's a liberal arts college that's mostly girls and they play a lot of brainy artsy girl stuff that I like. And an engineering college that's mostly guys and they play a lot of the edgy psych / surf / garage stuff that I like. I let the Links PDF fall by the wayside cuz I got behind on the cross-referencing for the labels and release dates. But here's a "lite" version that is just thread chronological and is pretty much 100% automatically generated (attached).

Hey Loop, Thanks. Have you figured out what's up with the black screens? It makes it harder to find old posts because you have to read each one now.

Last edited:
Hey Loop, Thanks. Have you figured out what's up with the black screens? It makes it harder to find old posts because you have to read each one now.
No - I was hoping it would just "fix itself". OTOH these PDF lists have columns for thread page and post number. If you just change the page number in the address bar in your browser and hit "enter" you'll go directly to that page.

Your Friday Flashback from the city made famous by the beer -

Jaill - Just A Lovely Day

Last edited:
Milestone: 100000 views. When I first posted here about 3 years ago there were 47000 and change. I got introduced to indie before I was an AK'er. These are the first five songs I heard that put the hooks in:
  1. Generationals - When They Fight They Fight
  2. The Shins - Caring Is Creepy
  3. Dum Dum Girls - Always Looking
  4. Lights On - We Live Underground
  5. Best Coast - Boyfriend
You can find links to these and many other fine tunes in the attached clickable link list.

Milestone: 100000 views. When I first posted here about 3 years ago there were 47000 and change. I got introduced to indie before I was an AK'er. These are the first five songs I heard that put the hooks in:
  1. Generationals - When They Fight They Fight
  2. The Shins - Caring Is Creepy
  3. Dum Dum Girls - Always Looking
  4. Lights On - We Live Underground
  5. Best Coast - Boyfriend
You can find links to these and many other fine tunes in the attached clickable link list.

Thanks for providing the links file Loop. What a great resource. Also, I like the color coded version.

Some of the early Indie bands that turned me away from the mainstream stuff like "We Are The World" and Mark Knopfler, Springsteen and Madonna were:

Neutral Milk Hotel
3Ds (YouTube link)
Tangerine Dream
Red House Painters

To name a few. Hope you don't mind me adding to your sentiment. Anyway, cheers to 100000 views! I always thought that there must have been others here besides the usual cast.

Thanks for providing the links file Loop. What a great resource. Also, I like the color coded version.

Some of the early Indie bands that turned me away from the mainstream stuff like "We Are The World" and Mark Knopfler, Springsteen and Madonna were:

Neutral Milk Hotel
3Ds (YouTube link)
Tangerine Dream
Red House Painters

To name a few. Hope you don't mind me adding to your sentiment. Anyway, cheers to 100000 views! I always thought that there must have been others here besides the usual cast.
Good stuff! It will be a lot easier maintaining the "band only" database than the previous one that involved finding the release dates and labels. I like looking at the posting preferences of the different players. "tubed" likes the edgier Le Butcherettes, I'm more of a softie for Seapony. There were about 16 dead links that weren't included, I'll try to identify what they were and include them with an "NA:" in the Title column so if you guys want you can go find valid ones and "rescue" them.

Back
Top Bottom