Bought a new rifle

I don't get around firearms much, but the best triggers I've had were on two high grade German range airguns. The trigger on my Ruger Speed 6 postal inspectors special isn't bad for what it is, I'm told its not quite Colt Python.

I don't get around firearms much, but the best triggers I've had were on two high grade German range airguns. The trigger on my Ruger Speed 6 postal inspectors special isn't bad for what it is, I'm told its not quite Colt Python.

My best trigger is on my German made Anschutz 22lr. Extremely accurate and fun to shoot. I also love the old Ruger revolvers. I have a Security Six.

Given your affinity for old military rifles, I'm surprised you didn't spring for a Swedish Mauser in 6.5x55...just a lovely cartridge, and these rifles tend to be great shooters!

IMG_2147.JPG IMG_2149.JPG I took a old (at least 6 yrs.) 10 point buck this morning with the 6.5 CM from 266 yds. Went less than
20' after the shoulder shot. No exit wound so he absorbed it all. Hornady 143g ELD-X Precision Hunter.
Not a monster, but past his prime and I was glad to harvest him. He has some character with 3 crown like brow tines on each side.

Thanks guys. i really like my new rifle and cartridge choice. Very accurate for as far as I would ever shoot at game, along nwith the punch to do it ethically and with confidence.

View attachment 1044828 View attachment 1044829 I took a old (at least 6 yrs.) 10 point buck this morning with the 6.5 CM from 266 yds. Went less than
20' after the shoulder shot. No exit wound so he absorbed it all. Hornady 143g ELD-X Precision Hunter.
Not a monster, but past his prime and I was glad to harvest him. He has some character with 3 crown like brow tines on each side.
Well done!

Best-

Boozehound

Back
Top Bottom