Show me your CABLES!! Please...

Delta77

The pics go from the left side of the room to the right.. the sub still stock cable & knukonceptz IC'sIMG_0100.JPG IMG_0111.JPG Cinnamon HDMI - from Apple TV to. OPPO 205(dac) ,, Supra cord & power strip for (TV,Cable,Firestick) ,,Analysis Plus Optical from Smart TV to OPPO 205(dac)..IMG_0110.JPG IMG_0122.JPG I will try to clean this up when I get new IC's & Speaker cables..IMG_0125.JPG IMG_0127.JPG IMG_0130.JPG I'm trying to get my cables in order.. Here are some pics of my cables so far..
I'm on the cable upgrade path as of late. And been spending tons of time trying to find the best Cables / Dollar spent..
So far I have replaced all the "Stock" power cords on the :
OPPO 205 (dac/cdp) - Candela (pre) - Stratos (amp)
Each with their own (12awg.) 7' silver plated copper & teflon insulation.
(YES they made an IMPROVEMENT)

I've also made some diy 3" wide Walnut cable lifters (matches tv cabinet & keeps the cables separated)

I will post more as I upgrade the speaker cables & inter-connects..
Using Groneberg Speaker & IC cables as of now.. Any Suggestions on IC's ?

Please post Pics of your Cables & tell me a little about your cable journey ....

Last edited:
"Thanks Dave 1962",
DYI lifters ( 3" wide Walnut )
I made some out of $4 pine 2X4 first, but they didn't match TV cabinet..So then I made these..
No way am I'm paying $$$ for a dozen pieces of wood..

What happens, all sorts of zaps and sparks and stuff?

Well, I've never witnessed it before, but I think common sense would lean towards some sort of interference with the signal running through the cable.
Then again, maybe your guess is correct. Maybe it lights-up the night sky for miles around and electrocutes all within the area.

Behind rack:

rack_rear.jpg

To conditioner further back:

conditioner.jpg

To amp / speaker (old pic-changes since then):

traps2013-2.jpg

I just Found at the Thrift Store(1.49)a New in the Blister Pack a Set of Acoustic Research RCA Cables 6'
I've Never Seen These Before.......:idea:
41615CDAJZL._SY300_.jpg
plavcab6.jpg

,Mike. :smoke:

Looking good guys. Keep the pics coming..
I'm trying to learn all I can , still a Newbie...

My speaker cables came a few days ago... ( 10 awg. Silver/Copper) From Patrick Cullen Cables
Noticing slightly better placement of instruments, Only 10-15 hours them..
Not noticing any immediate draw backs.?..Yet..
Here is a couple pics .. IC's are next ... then I can clean up behind the TV cabinet..

Replaced the GRONEBURG Speaker cables (wrapped in white) , before pics...

IMG_0115.JPG
IMG_0114.JPG
IMG_0141.JPG IMG_0167.JPG

Last edited:

Bad pic, but there you go, all monster Cable stuff I bought cheap off eBay. Cables are pretty and I can change the ends on em cheap. I'm more about aesthetics with my cables, although I like good solid copper conductors 12ga min. I use monster because I like the tips they offer, and off eBay they're reasonably priced, and look so pretty!. I have a pair of MIT terminator IV bi wires and 4 pairs of 5/16 spade tips are $60!

Back
Top Bottom