What Artist passing affected you the most

Condorsat

Audio Enthusiast
For me ... it was Warren Zevon. Seems like he was the soundtrack of my youthful recollections ....
mostly my college years. IMHO ... nobody wrote songs like Warren ... "Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner" ... "Excitable Boy" .... "Lawyers Guns & Money" ... etc.

He passed in 2003 ... music goes on ... but for me ... was never the same.

Never went to a Zevon concert or bought his albums after Vinyl fell out of the mainstream (1990). After his passing I bought the albums (post 1990) and found (my perspective) they were just as good as his earlier work.

Like the song says "You don't know what you got till it's gone".

th

When John Bonham died in 1980 my brother worked for a radio station and had four tickets to the upcoming Led Zeppelin concert. We were huge fans and listened to Zep for hours daily. We knew every single song cold. I was 18 and absolutely crushed for months. John Lennon's demise had an equally sad effect on me perhaps worse because that a**hole MDC shot him.
john-bonham-ludwig-850-100.jpg

Last edited:
For me ... it was Warren Zevon. Seems like he was the soundtrack of my youthful recollections ....
mostly my college years. IMHO ... nobody wrote songs like Warren ... "Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner" ... "Excitable Boy" .... "Lawyers Guns & Money" ... etc.

He passed in 2003 ... music goes on ... but for me ... was never the same.

Never went to a Zevon concert or bought his albums after Vinyl fell out of the mainstream (1990). After his passing I bought the albums (post 1990) and found (my perspective) they were just as good as his earlier work.

Like the song says "You don't know what you got till it's gone".

th

There is a gem of a collection of WZ concert recordings at the Live Music Archive.

Warren at the Live Music Archive:
https://archive.org/details/WarrenZevon

free, safe, legal, authorized downloads, ^

I miss Warren as well.

They all live forever.

Michael Jackson left a hole in our western civilisation, that is for sure. Never liked his music - but it did bring joy and peace to many people.

A bunch of artists died in plane crashes or overdoses juuuust before this terror "scare" went live.

When John Bonham died in 1980 my brother worked for a radio station and had four tickets to the upcoming Led Zeppelin concert. We were huge fans and listened to Zep for hours daily. We knew every single song cold. I was 18 and absolutely crushed or months. John Lennon's demise had an equally sad effect on me perhaps worse because that a**hole MDC shot him.
View attachment 982487

Same story. New York City. I was 13 and my parents had bought me a pair of tickets to go! Sad.

Also David Bowie's passing made me very sad.

John Lennon,George Harrison,John Martyn,Nick Drake,Frank Zappa,Jimi Hendrix,Leonard Cohen.....and i continue to feel anxious about Joni.All great spirits.

Back
Top Bottom