Your Favorite Underrated Bands and/or Artists

camerakid

Just as the title says- what are your favorite underrated bands and/or artists? Any genres are welcome.

My favorite is a band called Alpha Rev.

Hmm ... I can think of several who are not widely known. Underrated (but widely known) would be Alice Cooper and the B-52's.

I just discovered this obscure little quartet who call themselves The Beatles. They seem quite talented.

I would say Savoy Brown. Well known sure, but not as well known as Foghat. The only people I know of who like them as much as I do are fellow AK members.

Another one would be Budgie. I have never heard a single song of theirs on the radio, and I didn't even hear of them 'til a little over a year ago.

For a newer band I'd say Volbeat doesn't get the recognition it deserves.

Volbeat is good stuff.

I always respond to threads like this with the same names.

The Sea Hags. Great late '80's sleaze band.
Faster Pussycat's debut. Brilliant.
The Big F
Shelby Lynne
Red House Painters

As early rockers and inventors of the "Beat" sound they are indeed under-appreciated and under-rated.
Oh, I was only being mildly tongue-in-cheek. I honestly don't think people really appreciate how far ahead of their time those guys were, and in how many ways.

Tina Dico is fairly well revered in Denmark, but not so much everywhere else. She is one of the most talented singers, songwriters, musicians, artists to my ears & heart.

Byzantine! One of my all-time favorite metal bands, and one that's practically synonymous with the word "underrated" in that scene.

One good thing about modern production / distribution technology is that The Suits no longer have a stranglehold on the creative side of the music industry. Today's bands thru local gigging and YouTube, College Radio, etc., can quickly find their audience, and vice-versa. So it's difficult to find any bands over the past ten years who are truly "underrated". In fact it's almost a buzzkill to learn that one of your favorite bands appeared on Letterman, etc.

Back
Top Bottom