Today's Irish/Scottish/English folk playlist

Headed to Milwaukee Irish Fest today. Dervish is one of my very favorite Irish bands and they are here this year. Very excited. The wife loves Gaelic Storm but they're here every year. Dervish is not. Last time Dervish played at Irish Fest was the Midsummer's Night tour, early 2000s.

S.J.

Last edited:
P8198269.jpg

THE LADY AND THE UNICORN
John Renbourn

Shanachie

In college in the early 1970s, I was the projectionist for a movie house next to campus (we brought the world Midnight Shows of 'Rocky Horror Picture Show", but don't blame me). Between regular shows (always double features), I played that wonderful LP on the ThorensMcIntosh/Klipsch Cornwall sound system in the smallish auditorium (Screen 1... Screen 2 used Bose 901/Crown/Lenco).

As much as I love that recording, it sure chased those Austin hippies out into the lobby for sodas and popcorn. :)

In college in the early 1970s, I was the projectionist for a movie house next to campus (we brought the world Midnight Shows of 'Rocky Horror Picture Show", but don't blame me). Between regular shows (always double features), I played that wonderful LP on the ThorensMcIntosh/Klipsch Cornwall sound system in the smallish auditorium (Screen 1... Screen 2 used Bose 901/Crown/Lenco).

As much as I love that recording, it sure chased those Austin hippies out into the lobby for sodas and popcorn. :)
l wont blame you PM....i bet that sounded good on a grand scale....have you picked up on Maddys "7 for old england"?if not you might like it.

Back
Top Bottom