High End Turntables

Once set up properly, it will not fall out of tune like the other.

Source first! Happy Listening! [|;^)>

Interesting, tts needing a regular tune up. Something some do but most thing one and done. With the changes I do with cartridges, I guess I'm redoing the set up regularly but I'll keep your comment in mind.

Looks like you use a Discwasher stylus cleaner behind what looks like a shaving brush for the collected dust on the cartridges?

Speaking of brushes, I bought one of those new Audioquest carbon fiber brushes everyone is raving about.

Got one. What a piece of crap.

Speaking of brushes, I bought one of those new Audioquest carbon fiber brushes everyone is raving about.

Got one. What a piece of crap.
u want to see something really horrible, grab a thumb and finger full of the bristles and pull, the bristles fray into tiny pieces and stick to the needle ,and the more you use it to clean the more bristles get on the records its a vicious cycle

Last edited:
Attention to posters of photos, Photo Bucket is trying to charge for third party hosting now. Please post from your own files and the site will host it. I do the drag and drop method and post using full image. This thread started before the site change and we didn't have these options before. I'll try to edit all my post with new photos this weekend.

Time for an update on the ClearAudio Solution Table:
Ceramic Magnetic Bearing
Reference Motor just serviced by Mike @ Musical Surroundings
ClearAudio Verify CF 9" tonearm/ebony bodied nude Denon DL103 W/ sapphire cantilever/ML stylus (stereo)
Jelco 750L arm with AT33 mono 45th anniversary MC Cart. (Mono)
Regards,
Jim

DSCN1985[1].JPG

Time for an update on the ClearAudio Solution Table:
Ceramic Magnetic Bearing
Reference Motor just serviced by Mike @ Musical Surroundings
ClearAudio Verify CF 9" tonearm/ebony bodied nude Denon DL103 W/ sapphire cantilever/ML stylus (stereo)
Jelco 750L arm with AT33 mono 45th anniversary MC Cart. (Mono)
Regards,
Jim

View attachment 963257
Nice table Jim, if anyone wonders why playing records is so damn fun all they have to do is look at the endless table options we can do.

IMG_4528.JPG

Here is my main system turntable. VPI Prime with Dynavector 20x2H cartridge. Underneath is my new to me Blueberry Extreme tube preamp. It has a nice walnut case but the case wouldn't fit in the rack. Lol, anybody want to buy a Target Audio rack with wheels? I plan to use use a K&K step up transformer and get into the world of LO MC carts!

IMG_5262.JPG

It started as a VPI Classic 1, but I threw a 300rpm motor in (required routing out the hole a little bit and due to the geometry runs slow at 60Hz, which can be corrected with an SDS), and a Bob's 1:10/1:20 SUT. Amongst other things, but it meets the criteria, regardless.

Only TT I would like to have is a Sota Sapphire but that will never happen and I don't have many years left to try to get one so my 1200mk2 is what I get to enjoy. When I am gone, hopefully someone else will appreciate it as much as I do

Only TT I would like to have is a Sota Sapphire but that will never happen and I don't have many years left to try to get one so my 1200mk2 is what I get to enjoy. When I am gone, hopefully someone else will appreciate it as much as I do

sota_front.jpg

Couple year ago, I've seen one ... used ... at an audio shop in Cleveland Ohio. It looked like the picture above. Good looking table.

Last edited:

I had one and didn't keep it long. I found the suspension system annoying as well as the lead shot weights. I'm not into stuff that requires tweaks. To know they are setup right they really need to go back to Sota for adjustments and do require new suspension components every so often. Otherwise, I think they are a good looking turntable. I really like how all the Sota products have been refined over time.

Back
Top Bottom