Do you like crossover records?

Daddy Bone

Just listened to the ubiquitous Suite for Flute and Jazz Piano Trio by Claude Bolling, featuring classical flautist Jean-Pierre Rampal. I always thought it was a nice little jazz record, but didn't really think of it as a classical piece. That's kind of like saying Pete Townsend wrote opera. Oooo, I'm gonna get shade for that! But seriously, Wikipedia says the album was nominated in 1975 for a Grammy Award for Best Chamber Music Performance.

So what crossover records are you fond of?

SuiteForFluteAndJazzPiano1.jpg

Just listened to the ubiquitous Suite for Flute and Jazz Piano Trio by Claude Bolling, featuring classical flautist Jean-Pierre Rampal. I always thought it was a nice little jazz record, but didn't really think of it as a classical piece. That's kind of like saying Pete Townsend wrote opera. Oooo, I'm gonna get shade for that! But seriously, Wikipedia says the album was nominated in 1975 for a Grammy Award for Best Chamber Music Performance.

So what crossover records are you fond of?

SuiteForFluteAndJazzPiano1.jpg

Yes, and that's an awesome record.

Sensations of Tone.jpg

Ambient tuba by Tom Heasley. It seems odd but works very well.......right up there with Brian Eno's Ambient 4- On Land

Back
Top Bottom