What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Listening to Greta Van Fleet's, Debut Digital EP, "Black Smoke Rising". Don't think I've seen them mentioned here yet. Four teenagers (three brothers) from Frankenmuth, Michigan that sound like they just recorded Led Zeppelin IV.
They site as influences Howlin' Wolf, Jimmy Smith, The Who, Black Sabbath amongst many others. I first heard them last week coming home from work. Heard them again tonight and was able to hear the DJ say what had just played. These kids are really hot. Sounds like somebody found some un-released Zeppelin. Kid sounds just like Robert Plant. Lot of soul in these guys.
greta_van_fleet_collage.jpg

Last edited:
Listening to Greta Van Fleet's, Debut Digital EP, "Black Smoke Rising". Don't think I've seen them mentioned here yet. Four teenagers (three brothers) from Frankenmuth, Michigan that sound like they just recorded Led Zeppelin IV.
They site as influences Howlin' Wolf, Jimmy Smith, The Who, Black Sabbath amongst many others. I first heard them last week coming home from work. Heard them again tonight and was able to hear the DJ say what had just played. These kids are really hot. Sounds like somebody found some in-released Zeppelin. Kid sounds just like Robert Plant. Lot of soul in these guys.
Sounds good enough for me to hunt up...:beerchug:

Sounds good enough for me to hunt up...:beerchug:
Worth the hunt. It's only a digital release though. They said they'd love to do a vinyl release someday, but for now it isn't practical. I'm on my fourth listen and it just keeps getting better.
The bass player switches off to play a Hammond B-3 occasionally. I'd like to shake their parents hands. They did a GOOD job raising those boys.

The song getting radio play is Highway Tune.

Back
Top Bottom