Yamaha PX-3 bad RCA interconnect?

Mikey679

So, I've had my PX-3 for a few years now, everything has been great. I just turned it on this morning and found that I have no sound from the right RCA interconnect. I have some buzzing and very faint music if I disconnect the left RCA but that's about it. I did just contact Professor Bizzt, I know he has repaired many PX-3's for people, is there any quick fix for this issue, though? Any way other than to replace the fixed interconnects?

Holy crap, thank you for that! That's what it was, I had changed the headshell last night and never thought about the connection. I just plugged in my other headshell and cartridge and got sound from both channels. Thanks again!

Holy crap, thank you for that! That's what it was, I had changed the headshell last night and never thought about the connection. I just plugged in my other headshell and cartridge and got sound from both channels. Thanks again!
When ever you have a problem always go back to what you did last. It may be the cause.

and check all the likely culprits before letting the panic set in. Trust me, I do that all the time. Oh crap was the power off on the pre... speaker wire came loose because someone in the house stepped on it... the list goes on.

Back
Top Bottom