2SA1145/2SC2705 AU-X901 Transistor Sub?

wlhd1610

R.I.P. Penny
Sponsor
Hi,
I have a very nice X901 in for restoration that the notorious Sansui corrosive glue has compromised quite a few nearby components.
7HqsqkD.jpg

I have already pulled the caps and will pull some resistors.

I don't like the look of the 2SA1145 and 2SC 2705 legs and would like to replace them but don't see them listed anywhere in all the transistor substitution threads.
UqpNQOR.jpg

Both Mouser and DigiKey show them long obsoleted so no luck there.

Any recommendations?

Bob

Why give yourself additional troubles, just remove the old transistors and clean them, also it looks like the glue got under a few resistors - you need to lift them at one end and clean underneath them too.

However:-
2SA1145 -> KSA1013, or optionally KSA1381 (mouser, etc)
2SC2705 -> KSC2383, or optionally KSC3503 (mouser, etc)

EDIT
Updated positions of last KSA/KSC subs (were wrong way round - thanks Larry)

Last edited:
Ok John,
Will do.
I didn't know if the glue had seeped or corroded up inside the actual body of the transistor and possibly could cause trouble in the future.
I plan to finish removing the crappy looking resistors and continue cleaning.

Thanks,
Bob

I've never had any problems with B+D's japanese transistors.

Why give yourself additional troubles, just remove the old transistors and clean them, also it looks like the glue got under a few resistors - you need to lift them at one end and clean underneath them too.
Shit.. Those transistors will look like new if you just clean them up a bit.

John; I think you got a case of temporary Brain - Hand disconnect. You got the KSA's and the KSC's mixed up in your post # 2

Thanks , I totally forgot about B&D even though they're practically in my backyard.

I will remove the resistors and clean underneath them but one leg on each of two transistors is partially eaten through by the infamous corrosive Sansui glue.

Bob

Well climb over the fence and get your transistors.:biggrin:

I did!

As a side note, these guys are located in Russell City ,PA in the heart of the Allegheny National Forrest where they have hundreds of miles of ATV trails .
Been there a dozen times over the last twenty years.
A lot of the ATV trails are old logging/oil field roads that still have quite a bit of the old oil derricks,walking beams,etc set up.

Bob

One of them had a loose lead up inside the body that I didn't like.
Ordered them from B&D ,arrived in 2 days.
$22 for ten of each including tax and shipping.
Thanks!

Bob

Back
Top Bottom