For the folicly challenged

Getting frustrated with this Male Patterned Baldness. Kind of got a comb over thing going on, and pretty much sick of combing it back in place! Thinking of just cutting all my hair down to about 1/8" long, an move on with my life. When did you decide enough was enough, and give up on hair?

I was in a similar situation a few years ago. The baldness started kicking in hard between about 22 and 25, and then went down hill from there. At around 30, I took the guard off the trimmers before shaving the rest off. It was the absolute best move I ever made. Luckily I pull off the shaved look very well and is had been a real confidence booster. I was living under the disillusionment that my combo over was not noticeable.....but in reality almost all are.

Last edited:
I decided to get it down to a "bare" minimum about two years ago. I had a comb over but although it didn't look too bad from the front, it had to be just the right length. It started getting too thin on top and looked like shredded wheat when I began to have to spread it out, so off it all came. Got a great little circular electric razor that takes about five minutes and I tell myself I look tougher with it really short :D.
View attachment 950198

I am also thinking that "It is time"

So what do I do with my Owl Eyebrows?

Check out 1970'sFan avatar. Looks like he puts that Vidal Sassoon tool on his eyebrows.

I am also thinking that "It is time"

So what do I do with my Owl Eyebrows?
View attachment 950255

Enter an Andy Rooney look a like contest?

06rooney-cnd1-jumbo.jpg

kramer_the_outing.jpg I can't say I'm a member of this group. On the negative side, if its humid I develop a natural Kramer do:idea:

Last edited:
It is me after I set about my photo with a fun app! It looks as though I was closely examining the razor and accidentally switched it on.
Well I have to say that thing does a fine job. Ends up you inspired me, I came home from work and buzzed myself back down to ~1/2" all set for Summer! No more Christopher Lloyd hair here!

Getting frustrated with this Male Patterned Baldness. Kind of got a comb over thing going on, and pretty much sick of combing it back in place! Thinking of just cutting all my hair down to about 1/8" long, an move on with my life. When did you decide enough was enough, and give up on hair?

13ass03.jpg

Well I have to say that thing does a fine job. Ends up you inspired me, I came home from work and buzzed myself back down to ~1/2" all set for Summer! No more Christopher Lloyd hair here!

My avatar looks like I was going for the likeness below but that it didn't quite work out.
I did worry slightly that my ears might look like taxi doors, but nobody's said anything so far.:rflmao:

IMG_2076.JPG

Last edited:
When did you decide enough was enough, and give up on hair?

When hair gave up on me. It was probably 10 years ago when the lady who cuts my hair went from scissors to the #2 trimmer. Seeing her at noon today.

Don't forget to wear a hat and use SPF 30 or better boys!

My avatar looks like I was going for the likeness below but that it didn't quite work out.
I did worry slightly that my ears might look like taxi doors, but nobody's said anything so far.:rflmao:

View attachment 950700
I know what you mean, the first time I shaved my head down to smooth, I wasn't sure how it would look. There's just no way to know until you just do it.

I guess I'll go for it this weekend. Start long, and go shorter a little at a time. I do not want to be "Mr. Clean", (I have numerous scars from my youth). And I'll keep this in mind... the difference between a bad haircut and a good haircut is 2 weeks.

Did the clipper thing 8 or 9 years ago. I got tired of the greasy feeling. Now my head always feels clean. Also, since growing a Van Dyke, I've had women checking me out in waiting rooms and bars. Not too shabby.

Last edited:
I won't go back. For the 1st 10 days or so, I still was brushing the phantom locks back. The only drawback is going to the barber once a month, until my wife decides to
cut it for me.
So, it's been a few weeks, height of summer and all... How's the new do treating you?

Nothing's worse than a comb-over!

At 31 I consider myself lucky to still have a full head of hair (my dad had much less hair than I have now, when he married my mum at 24). But when the time comes, that I don't, then I'll bring out the clippers - whithout the guard.

Back
Top Bottom