Classic High-End Gear

That's a beautiful thing, though I have never seen one in the flesh. Pioneer created some terrific kit, as did a lot of the major Japanese manufacturers when they really tried to show the world the capabilities afforded by extensive research and development.

Kind of true but more like an exercise in making a state of the art statement piece.

Indeed. The statement pieces remain state of the art in my opinion. They could of course only produce those because of the R&D though.
My Technics DAC is a case in point. I have not seen a DAC with the attention to detail before or since.

First, welcome to AK!!

Second, if you spend 25 bucks and become a subscriber, someone on Bartertown would pony up for one of those.

Have a good time here, and perhaps consider starting an introductory thread about yourself, and then mention what you'd like to sell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes indeed! (Photo's courtesy of The Vintage Knob)

View attachment 951585 View attachment 951586
I guess all Mark B's have an affliction for Pioneer M22's Super beauty unit. I have the Pioneer M25. LOL still in it's box though. I have recently started to set up some of my collection after some 40 years collecting. I almost sold my M25. Glad I kept it. I had it connected to Athena AVM 30. Lots or grunt coming from those topside cap's.
Cheers
Mark,
the world is awesome today..

If you subscribe you can list in Barter town. Luv tubes.
That being said Welcome aboard Rick to the best forum ever !
Cheers,
Mark
the world is awesome today.

Last edited:
If you subscribe you can list in Barter town. What were you thinking price wise. I'm most Certainly Interested in it. Luv tubes and old gear period. If your price is fair I'll buy it.
That being said I'll be waiting for your reply. Welcome aboard Rick to the best forum ever !
Cheers,
Mark
the world is awesome today.
First of all no mentioning of buying or selling allowed in the regular forums either by subscriber's or non subscribers.

Cleaned this up and deleted posts against AK rules.
Regards,
Jim

This forum is for discussion of leading edge vintage gear, regardless of cost. So, I'd thought I'd start the whole thing off with a list of a few true classic pieces, to illustrate. Each of these units was widely praised as being ahead of its time, and the absolute best at that moment, and many of them were good enough that they're still highly desired and priced accordingly.

Levinson LNP-2 - the unit that started modern high-end audio
Levinson ML-2 - the first super-amp and room heater-in-one
Marantz 10B Tuner
McIntosh MC-275
Audio Research SP-11
Threshold 800A
Bozak Concert Grand
Martin Logan CLS
Infinity IRS-V
Infinity IRS Beta
Technics SP-10 Mk 3
Oracle Delphi

There are a lot more, but note that it's one piece at a time, not a whole manufacturer, as there are very few whole lines where each piece was acclaimed. Feel free to add!

Any thoughts what I should pay for these two Pioneer components? They work fine.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0001002.jpg
    imagejpeg_0001002.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 106
Wasn't even sales tax when I bought these and I certainly wasn't thinking at the time I would still have them 40 years later. Still the Kenwood 700's weren't exactly cheap. I believe I paid $1500 for the set. I don't know what that amount in 1975 dollars would translate to today but it probably isn't a small amount. Maybe put me into a new McIntosh or something..

Indeed it might. According to http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/ $1500 then is $6,829.60 now, so you were clearly a high roller.

Possibly the best British integrated amplifier, The Lentek from 1978.

And my Japanese high end integrated amp: Denon PMA-850 from 1977.

I finally figured out how to get back at Photobucket. Everyone replace your images with nasty things, extra credit if they are anti-PB.
Then when they come to their senses and un-break the internet, it'll be full of images telling them nasty things.

J/K. PB is never coming to their senses.

Accuphase P-400. Opto coupled class A or AB, switchable on the fly, active cooled, high powered piece of vintage Japanese genius.

index.php

Back
Top Bottom