Gillian Welch on vinyl

skynyrd77

I got mine yesterday. I'm definitely happy with the SQ and pressing. They spent a lot of money and time to do this right and they pulled it off. Hopefully this will help them decide to release the whole catalog

This is great news! Was pretty bummed when I found out Gillian Welch's Soul Journey was never pressed on vinyl.

I got mine yesterday. I'm definitely happy with the SQ and pressing. They spent a lot of money and time to do this right and they pulled it off. Hopefully this will help them decide to release the whole catalog

My copy leaves a lot to be desired. A side is not flat and slightly off-center by 1-2 mm, while the B side is rather flat and centered. Strange. For a $30 record, I definitely expect to not see my tonearm move at all. I'm a bit disappointed because I feel the spotty QC negates some of the high expectations Acony tries to live up to.

Just curious the best place to purchase said vinyl? All pressings the same? Thank you.
Doesn't seem like it. Unfortunately, this album appears to not enjoy uniform quality. some have reported flawless pressings, mine definitely isn't. It's off-center and not completely flat. Not audible, but definitely not what I expect from a $30 record that contains only one disc.

My copy is awesome. Sucks that your is not.. mine is actually better SQ wise then I excepted when I bought it

O me o my-o
Would ya look at miss Ohio
Rolling around with her rag too down
Said I want to do right but not right now

Love GW

Please check out Sammy Brue (sp) too if you like her.

Back
Top Bottom