Too many windows

PDoyle

Hello, here's a pic of my 25x40 open kitchen / living room with a 12 year Samsung 60" DLP that I'm looking to replace soon. I have windows on every wall so anytime the sun is out I can't get a good picture obviously. I had a Samsung 1080 LCD but moved it to another spot in the house. The picture was ok but what's better?
My cable provider is spectrum ( the old time warner)
So how do I go about choosing a tv for this type of set up?
Just like so many I'm confused about what to buy? I could hit up a Best Buy close to me or buy online. Any feedback is cool thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3629.JPG
    IMG_3629.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 55
It doesn't really matter what TV you buy. Until you can come to terms with the fact that all that light will wash out any picture, you're swimming upstream and you aren't a salmon.

Have you considered room darkening window treatments.

Sorry...

ARGH. Thanks for the reply skipper. Sense I live on a lake that is even funnier.
There has to be a better TV than the rest for this application.

ARGH. Thanks for the reply skipper. Sense I live on a lake that is even funnier.
There has to be a better TV than the rest for this application.
An OLED will be your best bet there expensive but provide about the best viewing angles, blacks and colors but even still like the skipper said, window treatments Would be something to consider, curtains would help if you don't already have some as well.

Audiofreak71

An OLED will be your best bet there expensive but provide about the best viewing angles, blacks and colors but even still like the skipper said, window treatments Would be something to consider, curtains would help if you don't already have some as well.

Audiofreak71

In this room black level almost does not matter, but ultimate brightness does. Today's OLED is not brightest on the market. LCD panels with quantum dots and multizone backlight are the brightest. OLED will still get better angles of view though. Considering room size, I wouls look at 75-85" TV

In this room black level almost does not matter, but ultimate brightness does. Today's OLED is not brightest on the market. LCD panels with quantum dots and multizone backlight are the brightest. OLED will still get better angles of view though. Considering room size, I wouls look at 75-85" TV
That's a good point, your right about blacks not really mattering in that room. The new OLED tvs do get pretty bright however, but the quantum dots do get pretty bright, I believe Sonys new line are said to be very good.

Audiofreak71

I have the same issue, I live where the sun is literally deadly most of the year (Vegas). Curtains and bias lighting is my solution. Problem is I now get glare from interior lights.

I would say that the old bamboo Venetian blinds would look great cause they are made from wood and they block the light from the sun...

So, I bought a 65" 4k Samsung tv and after having it for a few months I'm very happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom