Last Best Thing I Heard on My McIntosh

Basically just tracking bass lines and drum whack in the song in this capture. But it ha a nice live music club sound. With sharp thwacks.

Reminds me of this clip from a movie back in the '80s, warning, coarse language a couple oof times, but its hilarious.

My Altecs with strapped MC2300s with the needles buried - as in, just pegged to the right and not moving. 15 foot listening distance. Aan Parsons Project The Gold Bug . . . My buddy Mike, a man of few words, was quoted as saying, "That's loud as hell!" The next day, the crossover network in the right speaker was toast and it took me ten years to find Altec OEM parts to repair it.

Ah to be in my 20s again . . .
Never fried crossover but some mid L-pads melted and started smoking on my JBLs in my early 20s. I found out JBL not rated for continuous watts. But after the melted plastic cleaned from coils. The speakers played on. I used to eat tweeters until put in some Polk 10 soft domes with same FR but really made speaker decent.

It's a Blues Night

Tab Benoit Live Symphony Jam. "Too Many Dirty DishesW/Henry Benoit Live damn Guitar sound like a dish cloth polishing the crystal.

B.B. King- Martin Scorsese Presents The Blues. "Don't Answer The Door" Soundstage wider than infinity and Lucille Screaming like a 3 Grand Lounge Lizard

More Blues!

Stevie Ray Vaughn- The Real Deal: Greatest Hits Volume One. Tin Pan Alley (AKA The Roughest Place In Town). XR290s hitting 100 watt peaks on Stevie's Cords. Bass keeping the drink stirred. Cymbals crashing.......damn Sure the......... Roughest place I ever..........Beeeeeeeen

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom